“Prime rib to die for”

Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 13, 2011

First time visit. Not normally a prime rib person, but the manager recommemded it, so I try it. It was UNBELIEVABLE. I kept making "yummy" noises all through the meal. A must visit when in Eureka Springs

Reviewed July 4, 2011

Spoke with shop owner in Town about where to go for diner and she gave us the scripted answers. Then I asked her where she would go for a special occassion and thats when the truth came out.

We headed 3 miles out of town to a old log Cabin nesled in the woods on the base of a mountain. Drove around back to park to find a full parking lot, (this is when you know your at the right place). Grounds well taken care of and upon entering where Graciously greeted by Bert the owner and put on the waiting list. The had a nice Cocktail Bar with an unexpected new age meets log cabin look and pulled it off perfectly.

Cocktails took the sting of a short wait off ( WE Did Not Have Reservations) and headed inside.

Waitress was on time with everthing from water ,menu's, bread and dinner.

The food was such a step ahead of expectations after the first bite we both sat back in suprise. My wife had the daily special an Alaskan fish stuffed with so much crab she wasnt sure if it was crab stuffed fish or fished stuffed crab. Our waitress told us the where known for there Prime Rib and so I ordered. Upon arrival I knew there would be a to go container needed in my future, this had to be the largest slice of Prime I had ever been served anywhere and its flavor was equally as large as the slice. The atmosphere was the log home in the Beautiful Ozarks Mtns , but the food was World Class .

Thanks for a wonderful Dinning Experiance

Bill & Lori Davis

1  Thank billloriroute66
Reviewed June 28, 2011

We just returned from an anniversary trip to Eureka Springs and the owners of the bed and breakfast at which we stayed recommended we eat at Gaskins Cabin. We are thrilled that we took their advice. The food was fantastic and we left truly needing ambulatory assistance - we were stuffed :) We highly recommend the smoked trout for an appetizer (simply wonderful!) and the filet for the entree (again, simply wonderful!). Oh, and don't leave without having the chocolate bread pudding for dessert, although you will have to force it down as the first two courses will leave little room :)

The atmosphere was very cozy and the owners were heavily involved and very pleasant.

A trip to Eureka Springs without a visit to Gaskins Cabin will incomplete!!

1  Thank BrianFrench
Reviewed June 27, 2011

We had the best experience at Gaskins Cabin! The atmosphere of the restaurant is very cozy and inviting! The food was perfect (amazing Prim Rib)! Gaskins will be a MUST on every trip from now on… If you’re going to Eureka Springs Arkansas put Gaskin Cabin on your list! Rich in history and loaded with hospitality! You won’t be disappointed!

Reviewed June 26, 2011

I'm very well traveled and I was skeptical when the owner said that he thinks that his prime rib is the best in the land. I took him up on his challenge and he was right. FANTASTIC. My girlfriend had the filet and she thought it was outstanding.

The arrangements of plants and flowers outside while having drinks before dinner also captured our eyes. Beautiful.

PS...Owner was very personable.......very nice touch.