“Oh My what a surprise”

Cuisines: American, German, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed August 31, 2012

We were married in Eureka Springs on the 4th of August 2012 and our wedding package gave us a gift certificate to eat anywhere in Eureka so on our wedding night we looked at some of the highly recommended places in town. Every one had an extremely long wait. It being our wedding day we hoped for a meal to remember as it was the only meal we ate the whole day! We had an early wedding at 11 a.m. and spent the early afternoon with our guests so by 6 we needed food. Again, the highly recommended places were packed so we cruised through town and my husband suggested we try the Bavarian Inn Restaurant as we drove by. It did not sound like what I was hoping for with live polka music that Saturday......I was starving so I said ok don't knock it until you try it right? That was a great decision. I was pleasantly surprised. There was no wait, it was quaint, cute and the music got to me anyway. I knew almost every song played. It was very upbeat and enjoyable. Then we got our food. I ordered the peppercorn steak and OMG it was AMAZING. Needless to say it was my favorite meal the entire trip and I WILL go here every time I come back to Eureka Springs.

Reviewed August 20, 2012

I ha been looking forward to eating here as my Mother was first generation German-American. we were not disappointed. Great Weiner Shnitzel

1  Thank representative
Reviewed August 10, 2012

The Bavarian Restaurant is always one of my favorite places to eat in Eureka Springs. The sauerkraut soup is wonderfull! The other very nice thing is Mike the waiter he has been there 22 years & is always very gracious & helpful.

Reviewed August 9, 2012

We decided on a whim, on our way to Opera Eureka Springs to "drop-in" for an early dinner and were delightfully surprised. The menu is interesting, the food made from scratch and cooked to perfection. Desserts were mouthwaterin! A real gem!

Reviewed July 14, 2012

Very Good food and service - only drawback was I couldn't make substitutions on side items - but was able to order additional sides