“Really great lunch!”
Review of Local Flavor Cafe

Local Flavor Cafe
Cuisines: Contemporary, Healthy
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed May 5, 2010

My husband and I had lunch at the Local Flavor Cafe on Saturday, May 1st. It was great! We were able to get a table on the balcony just as the sun came out and could then watch people getting ready to participate in the Art Parade. We had the spinach and artichoke dip with crostini for an appetizer, followed by their house burger and chicken salad on croissant roll (special item that day) as our lunch selections. The burger was great, but their recipe for chicken salad is awesome! Our waitress, Rebecca, suggested their special Sangria to accompany our lunch and it was very good as well. One of the better meals we had in Eureka Springs last weekend!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,708)

Reviewed May 4, 2010

Sat inside by the door to the balcony, smelled motorcycle exhaust fumes all dinner. Waited a very long time for our food. Food lacked flavor and was luke warm and rather expensive, small filet $31, chicken $16. Kids ordered pasta and when we requested parmesean cheese for their pasta the waitress informed us she would have to charge us extra for the parmesean. Wasn't impressed and was really looking forward to a nice dinner, would not return.

bci3, Owner at Local Flavor Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded May 5, 2010

Wow, I have just re-connected with an old friend that lives in Rancho Santa Margarita, CA. He is responsible for us getting our new “Wine Keeper” wine system.
We do have a lot of motorcycle visitors. The scenic curving roads, both in and out of town, make Eureka Springs a popular destination for bikers. We are presented with some challenges with exhaust and noise. When you ate with us, you were seated in our North dinning room and it attaches to our outside patio. We try to keep the patio doors open as much as possible. Our rule is that if the majority of our guests want to sit outside we keep the doors open. I wish you had let us known that the exhaust was spoiling your dinning experience. We would have closed the doors or moved you to our South dinning room that is all indoors.
The $31 steak was our pan seared, 8oz, hand cut, Filet Mignon. It was served with a gorganzola compound butter, braised carrots (done only in extra virgin olive oil), sauteed spinach (done only in extra virgin olive oil), wild grain rice or garlic parmesan mashed potatoes, salad and sourdough bread. I am sorry that you felt the price was more than the quality. We pride ourselves on using only quality ingredients, and that does drive the food costs up.
And speaking of food cost, our Parmesan cheese is Parmigiano Reggiano imported from Italy. We receive the cheese in 1/8th-wheel chunks and grate it ourselves. The costs of our pastas reflect the use of quality ingredients. I think we could have done a better job of explaining why we charge for a side.
We take great pride in pleasing our guests and please accept our apology that we missed the mark with you and your family.

Britt Evans and Connie Evans, Chef and Owners

Reviewed April 30, 2010

You must get the Brie appetizer, even if you think it's old hat. The salads were scrumptious, we had the Greek and Pear, oh so good. The bread that comes with your meal is quite tasty too.

Reviewed April 27, 2010

We had two great meals at Local Flavor. Dinner one evening and breakfast another day. The jumbo shrimp were wonderful and the salad with which it was served was fresh and good. Though I certainly didn't "need" dessert following dinner, I ordered creme brule. Good choice! Breakfast was a pleasure and the coffee was great. Staff were very friendly and accomodating. Local Flavor Cafe is a Eureka Springs treasure.

Reviewed April 21, 2010

This cafe did not live up to the rave reviews. I had the special, which was chicken salad on croissant with a cup of mushroom soup. Croissant was very fresh, but chicken salad was somewhat bland. It was just OK. I could not eat the soup - mushrooms were too large and didn't care for overall taste or texture. I tried the pecan pie and ice cream for desert. This too was just average, not much taste. The pie could be improved on. The filling was very tasty, but crust was not flaky, pecans were not fresh and there was an additional thick filling texture that was not good at all. I also feel $20 for lunch for ONE is expensive. The small slice of pie was $7! And, unfortunately, again felt rushed to hurry up & leave. Check was presented to me before I had finished lunch with the comment "i'll just leave this with you, unless you would like to add some desert." Eating out in America is just not fun anymore.......... we are encouraged to eat more than one serving and eat it FAST! Europe encourages you to take your time, enjoy your meal and most importantly, enjoy your friends/family and the overall eating/socializing experience. They would not think to rush you.... or serve sub-par food.

1  Thank SpringsGal54