“Right on the Strip--Indoor and Outdoor Seating--Busy!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Local Flavor Cafe

Local Flavor Cafe
Cuisines: American, International, Contemporary, Healthy
Good for: Scenic view, Kids, Special occasions, Families with children, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Brunch, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Saint Charles, Missouri
“Right on the Strip--Indoor and Outdoor Seating--Busy!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2014

Of course you expect restaurants to be busy in the summer at lunch time. However, it was after 1:30 and they were still busy. We would have had to wait to sit outside--so, we chose indoors. By the time we were leaving they were seating people outside as they arrived. Lots of choices even for me--the vegetarian. There were as many vegi sandwiches (8) on the menu as burger choices. Seasoned Steak Fries and Mixed Greens Salads are why I say it is one of the best. They serve grilled chicken on the kids menu and it was amazing! We have two boys and ended up taking one serving worth in a to-go container (aluminum pan with plastic lid)! Fun old-time lamps serve as decorations on the ledge around the main dining room. I wish we had one of these near home. It would be my favorite.

Joplin, Missouri, United States
“Delicious, good music, atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2014 via mobile

We came here with out kids for a day trip. The food was fabulous and not outrageously priced for the quality. Husband got the prime rib which was tender and flavorful. I had the fish tacos with cilantro lime sauce which even my kids liked. And did I mention the baked brie? Wow. We had high hopes of getting dessert but the portions were filling. This is a must for a great meal when visiting Eureka Springs.

Eureka Springs
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Lucky to be Local”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

We arrived late in the evening and they were willing to seat us on the romantic patio. Our meals were fabulous and fresh. Lucky to be local.

slm323
“Poor service, poor management”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2014

My husband and I visit Eureka often and Local Flavor was a must for at least one meal. Regrettably, I must say that after dinner on Friday night, July 16th, our opinion has changed. In town for the race in the Fat Tire Festival, we decide to hit up our favorite place. To echo what several people have mentioned, we noticed that several tables were left empty while many were told there was a 45 minute wait. If these tables were being held for reservations, they should put a sign on the table so patrons don't feel shafted. We also noticed locals being taken right to a table and receiving much more attentive service.

But that's not all. We were sat next to a drunken, loud, and obnoxious party of women on the patio. We could not hear each other or even our own thoughts over the hoots and hollers of the cackling old bags at a so-called fine dining establishment. Their behavior was far better suited for a bar, not a restaurant. Bear in mind, our 10 year old was with us. He was begging me for headphones! These women engaged in this behavior at the bar before they were even taken to a table and I was shocked that management hadn't said anything to them. Come to think of it, I never saw a manager. When my husband politely went inside to ask to be moved or see if the manager could say something to them, we were humiliatingly approached by our waitress, who came out and asked if WE had a problem and wanted to be moved. We said yes, then were escorted in and it was obvious that we were the "complainers." To make matters worse, our waitress went right back out and talked about us to the women. Again, we were humiliated!! When I mentioned this to her, she responded that it was no big deal, but only because she had another table available in her area. She was very rude and unprofessional.

So, lessons learned. The customers comfort means nothing and yes, if you are a local, you can basically act like a drunken fool and run off other loyal customers and they are just
fine with it. We never saw a manager and never received an apology. I won't be going back.

3 Thank slm323
LFC1998, Owner at Local Flavor Cafe, responded to this review, July 26, 2014
First off I would like to apologize for the tables not having reservation signs on them. I was just informed after this review that we are low on them. Second, I want to say that we never let anyone in ahead of other patrons who have been waiting. Even as the chef and owners, we have to make a reservation or wait if we want to be seated on a busy night/day. Lastly, I'm very disappointed in Trip Advisor for letting someone insult other diners who are there having a good time. Calling people "cackling old bags" is rude and offensive and should not be allowed. They were also pegged as "locals" which is offensive to all of us who live here.
Hollister, Missouri
“Great Food.....Wonderful Service....Clean.....Friendly.....”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2014

Visited this restaurant based on other Trip Advisor ratings and also because our first choice was not open on the day we were visiting. This restaurant has a very nice outside area -- actually two areas to enjoy your meal, however, because of the bright sunshine we chose to sit inside. The restaurant is very, very clean and the gentleman who served us was very efficient and friendly.

We chose two different sandwiches....one was an Italian Beef Open-faced sandwich and the other was a 1/2 pound cheddar bacon burger. These sandwiches both came with a small amount of coleslaw and then we ordered an order of french fries.

The Italian beef sandwich was very good, however, we would probably have enjoyed it a little more if the amount of fresh basil or oregano would have been just a bit less. The small coleslaw was wonderful. The bacon cheeseburger was wonderful with a char-grilled flavor. Since I mistakenly ordered it medium-well done, it was a little bit dry than it would have been had I ordered it medium. The fries were similar to a wedge fried potato with a wonderful flavor.
The coffee we both had was great. We enjoyed the cleanliness of the floors, etc. and even though quite busy, the service was prompt and friendly. Cost: approximately $13.00 each for our order. We would visit again.!