“Lovely”
Review of Local Flavor Cafe

Local Flavor Cafe
Cuisines: Contemporary, Healthy
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Warrensburg, Missouri
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Lovely”
Reviewed April 28, 2013

The food and service was spectacular! very curteous! Gracious protions! and a lovely atmosphere! Very clean! For sure left satisfied!

Houston, Texas
“Low carbers dream!”
Reviewed April 27, 2013

I never expected such a wonderful low carb lunch in this little restaurant. I was in my glory! I was stuffed on the delicious shrimp stuffed avocado appetizer and the crustless quiche with a small side salad. [wonderful home made blue cheese dressing] The sauce with the large shrimp was delicious! And the quiche was cheesy and flavorful. I asked the waiter if he knew this was a low carbers dream and he said they do get many low carbers there. We had a small wait when we arrived, but the restaurant is very well run and we didn't mind waiting 15 minutes. It was worth it!

Lexington, MA
“Good food, weird sauces”
Reviewed April 25, 2013 via mobile

Prime rib was tender, tasty, and huge, but the horseradish sauce didn't do anything for it. I was glad it was on the side. Husband said his salmon was done to perfection, but it would have been better w/o the raspberry BBQ sauce. The Cocobon California blend wine @ $7 was dreadful. The French blend wine @ $7 was delicious. Nice background music, Billie Holiday and the like. Good service.

• Visited April 2013
local479, Owner at Local Flavor Cafe, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I'm sorry the wine was not to your liking. I will make sure in the future that guests are informed that the Cocobon is a sweet red. It's really the only sweet red we carry because we prefer dry wines, but we get asked for them once in awhile and we chose that wine for this reason.
We do appreciate your feedback and I hope you will dine with us again.
Clive, Iowa
“A tasty lunch”
Reviewed April 22, 2013

We had lunch here on the recommendation of a local resident (we're not too proud to ask a person walking by on a residential street where they'd recommend!) He enthusiastically suggested Local Flavor and we were glad he did. We had a late lunch on a Friday and sat outside on the patio. The service was excellent and our entrees were tasty and beautifully prepared -- my husband had the open face prime rib sandwich and I had a patty melt. We split the house specialty bread pudding for dessert and were very satisfied with the whole experience.

• Visited April 2013
Haysville, Kansas
“Tasty!”
Reviewed April 19, 2013

The wife and I recently tried Local Flavor for lunch, We had a short wait, but no worries since they provide pagers. After 15 minutes or so we were seated and we ordered the chips and salsa for an appetizer, and it arrived with the usual red salsa, but it also came with a mango salsa that was very interesting, it was sweet yet spicy, the wife didnt like it, but I did. I ended up ordering the open face prime rib sandwich, and the wife had the Classic Reuben, BOTH were excellent, I did get to sample the Reuben and it was easily the best one I have ever had.... it was VERY tender and tasty. Will be back!!!