“Not as good as it used to be”
Review of Local Flavor Cafe

Local Flavor Cafe
Cuisines: Contemporary, Healthy
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Arlington, Texas
“Not as good as it used to be”
Reviewed November 4, 2012

I have previously given this place rave reviews…saying I would stop going to Gaskin’s Cabin, in favor of here. However, the past 2 or 3 visits I have been disappointed. Those visits have been at dinner, and I am starting to think that I will only eat here at breakfast and lunch in the future.
My dinner experiences here have been crowded, rushed, with poor attention from my server. It also seems that the dinner menu is trying a little too hard, with mainly over-the-top selections that they cannot pull-off successfully.
So, in closing, you should still try this place, but not at dinner.

Visited October 2012

Springfield, Missouri
“Excellent”
Reviewed November 3, 2012

Great food and excellent service. A little bit of a wait but was well worth it. Fairly reasonable on their prices also. Would recomend to anyone

Visited November 2012
“Everything about Local Flavor is a "5"!”
Reviewed November 3, 2012

Made reservations the morning of for a noon meal. Town was packed as was the restaurant but our table was waiting for us! Very important with 2 young children. Who by the way, each polished off an enormous Organic PB, honey and banana sandwich. Had my fave Greek salad with chicken and a nice glass pf crisp Sauvignon Blanc. My husband paired his cheddar avocado sandwich with a Blvd Tank 7. Thanks Jen for the wonderful service, as usual. Thanks Connie and Britt for a great experience.

Cushing, Oklahoma
“If Heaven has a taste, this is it!”
Reviewed November 3, 2012

Oh. My. Goodness! We visit Eureka Springs a couple of times a year for a weekend getaway. The KOA in Eureka Springs told us about Local Flavors a couple of years ago and said it was a place the locals loved so we tried it. We have eaten there every time we have gone to ES, sometimes a few times in just a weekend! Everything is SOOO fresh and it tastes like a chef developed it all. You can't go wrong here. Great salads, great appetizers (try the brie!), great food, great wine, great service, and a great setting! This is the whole package. I think the prices are awesome for the quality of food!

• Visited July 2012
Bethany, Oklahoma
“Wonderful food!”
Reviewed November 2, 2012

My sons and I visited this restaurant in July 2012 for dinner. The food was wonderful and I was pleasantly surprised when my younger son (age 16) stepped out of the familiar and ordered the grilled salmon and enjoyed it very much. He even ate the asparagus! My older son ordered the prime rib and said it was delicious. I had the Seared Pork Tenderloin and the sauce was amazing! Their salads are gorgeous, too. We will definitely visit again.

One comment I would like to make: We sat on the balcony overlooking the street in Eureka Springs. It is probably no fault of the restaurant, but there was an odor of garbage coming up from the sidewalk, even though no garbage was visible. Not sure what can be done about that, but it would make the outdoor dining a lot more pleasant.

• Visited July 2012
local479, Owner at Local Flavor Cafe, responded to this review, November 3, 2012
I just want to thank you for taking the time to write a review. It means so much to Britt and I to hear about great experiences like yours. It really makes all of our hard work worth while. We're thrilled to hear that we can inspire kids to venture out of their comfort zone. We have 7 and 4 year old boys and the salmon is their favorite dish!

Please visit us again soon and again, thank you for your review!

Connie Evans