“Local chef makes good!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Local Flavor Cafe

Local Flavor Cafe
Cuisines: American, International, Contemporary, Healthy
Good for: Scenic view, Romantic, Kids, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Jackson, La
“Local chef makes good!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2012

This is the place for you to experience an excellent chef. The inside dining is a little small (there is plenty of seating outside) with an interesting collection of lamps. Our waitress, Pam, guided us through our selections. The salad was well above the average in display. I had the blue cheese dressing which was thick, but I found it to be very tasty. The salmon dinner is actually two events for the palate - one as the salmon and two as the salmon dipped in the raspberry sauce, My wife had the Chicken Milano which set the bar for chicken dishes. Definitely calls for a return visit.

PhilipFo
“The best restaurant in the area”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2012

Went to Eureka Springs over a long weekend with my wife and were told by the hotel staff that this was their favorite place. We went there on our first night and thought it was the best restaurant we ate over the weekend. Next time I am in the area I would go again.

Rockwall, Texas
“Top pick in Eureka Springs for a reason”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2012

My wife and I recently celebrated a big anniversary in a cabin outside Eureka Springs. We cooked all but one of our meals there, so one night out for dinner in ES meant I wanted to pick a restaurant that would not fail. Of course I consulted TripAdvisor. That's where I found the Local Flavor Cafe, and I'm glad I did.

The Cafe is in a great location on Main Street directly across from the Trolley Station. It's festive but dimly lit patio and large windows offering a view of some of the great art inside are very inviting. The evening was crisp and clear so we chose outdoor dining, but the indoor dining room is decorated in an artsy yet comfortable combination of light walls and dark woods, and arranged in such a way that each table seems intimate. The patio was a little dark, so that help from the table candle was needed to read the menu, and is a little more congested with seating than the interior. Traffic noise was somewhat distracting in the off-season, so I would imagine that outdoor dining could be a little unpleasant during busy times in Eureka Springs. But it wasn't enough to detract from a great experience this night.

First, the restaurant's personnel are excellent, from the host to our server to the man who filled our water glasses, everyone was very gracious and friendly. The menu offers a number of vegetarian options, plenty of pasta dishes, as well as all your favorite animal proteins, and the descriptions on the menu give you a good idea of what you're going to get. Entrees come with a salad, which is nice, but the house salad is good enough to pay for. LFC's house balsamic vinaigrette dressing is awesome. They also bring out a small loaf of fresh sourdough with butter which really whets one's appetite.

Let me mention their drinks. They've got an extensive wine selection, including some very fine wines for $300 per bottle or more. But they don't leave out those of us who aren't ready to splurge. They have very reasonable prices for wines by the glass (good ones) and beers (sorry, but nothing on draft.) When's the last time you paid $3 for a Fat Tire at a restaurant?

Had I not had a steak the night before, I probably would have ordered one of the various treatments LFC has for the filet mignon, which seemed a little pricey. Instead, I had a pork tenderloin with mushrooms and cream sauce, and garlic mashed potatoes and asparagus on the side. My wife ordered a tilapia with black beans and wild rice. Visually, my wife's dish needed a little color, since each item was brown, but they all tasted good. The fish was outstanding. You cannot go wrong with that choice. My pork tenderloin was perfectly seasoned and cooked. I don't hate mushrooms, nor do I really like them, but with the cream sauce they were perfect with the pork. I actually enjoyed them. The sides were good too. Portions were ample, and having enjoyed all the bread, and the salad, I couldn't finish my entree.

Back to the service. Michelle, our server, was obviously an experienced professional. She knew the menu inside and out, and had personal insights on every dish we asked about, all of which I found accurate. She was friendly but not overly so, and attentive without hovering. We were never in want of anything. Total perfection on service. Again, busy times might be a little different, but it's obvious they have good personnel.

In Eureka Springs which has a fairly seasonal economy, businesses come and go regularly. The Local Flavor Cafe has been in business since 1991, and they're still doing things right. That's a sign of ownership/management that still cares. It showed on our visit. I highly recommend it.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
local479, Owner at Local Flavor Cafe, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
I just wanted to take the time to thank you for your wonderful review. We read our reviews and appreciate them all, good or bad. It's so nice to hear about the details that make dining with us special. It lets us know we're doing things right, so thank you!

Britt and Connie
Arkansas
“WOULD YOU LIKE A SIDE OF COLE SLAW?”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2012

Local Flavor Restaurant is well worth a stop for lunch next time you are in Eureka Springs, AR. Conveniently located right across the street from one of the downtown parkling lots, you have the option of inside or outside seating. On a beautiful spring or summer day the outside seating area is the perfect place to be for people watching.
I had the daily lunch special and was not disappointed. The ham and swiss and mushroom on croissant with a side of the house cole slaw was truly a delicious combination. Treat yourself next time you are in Eureka and eat here.

Colorado
“Not your average tourist food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2012

Been here several times for breakfast & lunch. Food is usually great, different, nicely presented. (I say "usually" great because this last time the quiche of the day was embarrassingly small... tho tasty.) Small place, interesting decor, can be a bit loud for conversation, patio is nice if traffic's not too crazy. Service has always been excellent. Will definitely return.

local479, Owner at Local Flavor Cafe, responded to this review, October 6, 2012
Thank you for your review. I've sent you a personal message so we can make it up to you. The wrong pan was used for quiche that day and we didn't catch it until a couple pieces were served. Thank you for being a return customer and we hope to see you again soon.

Sincerely, Britt and Connie