“Interesting Place”

133 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 271 helpful votes
“Interesting Place”
Reviewed June 6, 2014

I was walking around Eureka Springs and went into the Trading Post shop, which is a replica of the shop at Blue Spring. I had seen a few billboards for it; while there I picked up a "Save $1" ticket and because there were a couple of hours before closing I headed out. I was the only one there at that hour.

The 131 steps are nothing (I found coming back up, and I must have missed something because I went up a gravel drive, not wooden switchbacks) much more daunting...). The trail map makes the walk look much longer than it is. The gardens are nice, if not spectacular, and the spring is very interesting - I would have liked to known more about it, more than the little info given in the movie at the Visitor's Center and the signs posted around it...

I was amazed that they had deciphered the petroglyphs here and knew that the Spanish and French as well as Daniel Boone had most likely sheltered under the adjacent bluff. I also was moved by the Trail of Tears marker, Because I was the only one there it was very peaceful and I was surrounded by butterflies and one big buzzard sitting on the walkway railing.

There is a picnic area and a gift shop.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank sullific

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“weddings”
Reviewed May 29, 2014

My husband to be and I were going to get married there. Three days before the wedding date, my fiancé was hospitalized from complications of lung cancer. I called to cancel and I had already paid in full. They would not refund but less than half. I wouldn't want someone like that involved in my wedding anyway. We sure didn't plan it that way!!!!!!!!!!!!! I guess they needed that money more than I did!

7 Thank Wanetta L
Owasso
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Beautiful”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Head down the stairs and walk around the spring. They have made beautiful gardens there with flowers they plant along with the natural vegetation. It was so calming walking around the spring, plenty of benches to sit and rest if needed. Fish to feed for the kiddos.

Kansas City, Missouri
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Beautiful and Historic location”
Reviewed May 27, 2014

My husband and I stopped here on our second day in Eureka Springs. First off, the road back here is a little interesting in the way that many road of this area are. The price is around $10 which is extremely reasonable in my opinion (you're getting the museum and garden admission for one price). The lady in the visitors center was VERY helpful letting us know about the video in the next building over, going over a map of the grounds and letting us know about the stairs you'll first encounter (there's 131) and that the way back up to the center is easier, just a series of wooden ramp switchbacks basically.

The video is very interesting if you're into history (we are) and provided a great overview of the area from Native American usage to modern times. Before you go in to watch the video there are several cases full of interesting displays of artifacts from the area's history.

The stairs leading down to the spring are very well maintained and have several garden alongside them. The lagoon is full of the clearest water you can imagine. So beautiful! There's a great little outlook there. For a quarter you can get some food out of the machine and feed the trout that are stocked there. Lovely spot to take in the natural beauty of the water and the surrounding gardens and rock formations.

The basin and lower gardens surrounding the spring are beautiful as well. I can see why this place is popular for weddings. The algae in the water doesn't detract from the beauty of the spring. It's so clear and amazing to think of how far it goes down. On the other side are several gardens as well and you'll cross a wooden bridge to get back across. It's very sturdy and well maintained. The river leading away from the stream is still very clear and we could see a few fish swimming in it. The wooden switchbacks lead back up to the visitors center through a nicely shaded area.

If you're into nature and history I would highly recommend a visit here!

Saint Louis, Missouri
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Nice people, but overpriced”
Reviewed May 26, 2014

The place is nice but honestly it doesn't have that "wow factor" you might think. The spring was full of some sort of algae when we went and there was a dead snake floating in the water. The trail is long and one thing they don't tell you is that it is a lot of stairs. There is an easy trail on the way back but if you have knee or back issues you may want to avoid this place. For the price it's not really worth it as you can find nicer places for free. If they provided a guided tour it would make the experience more interesting and they could probably charge a little more even.