The New Orleans Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Econo Lodge(Eureka Springs)(Great Value!)
$65
Lookout Lodge(Eureka Springs)(Great Value!)
$78
Best Western Eureka Inn(Eureka Springs)(Great Value!)
$81
BestWestern.com
Edelweiss Inn(Eureka Springs)(Great Value!)
$69
$155
$150
Hotels.com
Best Western Inn of the Ozarks(Eureka Springs)(Great Value!)
$90
BestWestern.com
The Lodge(Eureka Springs)(Great Value!)
$69
The Trails Inn(Eureka Springs)(Great Value!)
$54
Regency Inn(Eureka Springs)(Great Value!)
$59
$55
Travelocity
Eureka Matterhorn Towers(Eureka Springs)(Great Value!)
$66
All reviewsno elevatorspring streetin townpeople watchingbalcony overlooking the streetking suitejacuzzi tubhistoric hotelbeautiful antiquesmy husband and imodern amenitiesantique furniturelots of characterthird floorloved this hotelthe location is perfectfront desk staff
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 12, 2011

We arrived at the New Orleans Hotel & Spa on Sunday afternoon of the busy Labor Day weekend. When I made the reservations I was told to park in front of the hotel by the loading area and would be given information on how to proceed at that time. My husband and I were each on our motorcycles, so he volunteered to check-in while I watched the bikes. Everyone was extremely friendly during check-in. He had been given instructions to park behind the hotel and told to place a tag on our bikes to ensure that they would not be towed away. We unloaded our bikes and went to the front desk where we were given our keys to room 109.
The lobby of the hotel was beautiful and clean. It looks as if you stepped back in time. Our room was up two flights and it was better than I expected. The room was spotless and very comfortable and had antique wood furniture. The bathroom area was opened to the rest of the room with the toilet in an enclosed space. Great soaps and shampoo were provided.
When asked for restaurant recommendations we were told New Delhi or Local Café. Both places were fantastic. These were restaurants that they would go to themselves.
Before making our reservations we were considering going to the Basin Park Hotel. When we were walking through town I looked in the hotel and I was pleased with our choice to stay at the New Orleans Hotel & Spa. The lobby of the Basin Park Hotel was dingy and in need of cleaning. The carpeting going up to the balcony restaurant was filthy. The parking at the Basin Park Hotel is two blocks away. They provide shuttle service back and forth to your car. Very inconvenient!
In the morning as we were heading out each day the door was opened for us by the people working at the front desk. Everyone who works there is friendly and helpful. I wish I could remember their names. They deserve to be recognized for their exceptional service.
I am already planning a trip back to Eureka Springs for next year. I will not stay anywhere else.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
7  Thank lizzzg
Reviewed July 21, 2011

I am originally from New Orleans and this place felt like home,especially for our first visit to historic Eureka Springs. Right in the historic district near several fine galleries and walking distance to the Spring Street Victorians. Beautiful lobby with tin ceiling and lots of wood everywhere, very accommodating and friendly staff, mostly Gay. Very helpful with restaurant recommendations and sites to see.
We reserved one of the less expensive $99 smaller rooms for one night ( they usually have a two night minimun in summer and strict cancellation policy ) and it suited us just fine. It was smallish and only had a teeny bathroom with shower only but a/c was working good, queen bed ok and decorated with antiques, flat screen TV, free internet service. Reminded me of The Gunn House in Sonora, CA. but without a much desired pool on this 100* weekend.
I am a full breakfast kinda fella but this continental buffet was very nice and filled me up just fine. Fresh and RIPE fruit served in a watermelon ( nice touch) fresh baked banana bread, yogurts, juice and coffe with CREAM! ( told you I was picky)
No elevator but we were only on the second floor,so no problem, free and easy parking in back.
While in town we checked out the much praised Basin Park and Crescent Hotels and these both looked tired and dingy. Only the Palace looked comparable to the New Orleans.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Keimanu
Reviewed July 17, 2011

Surely this is not the #1 hotel in Eureka Springs. We stayed there based on the reviews and although room was clean, with red carpet and window unit a/c, it was just not a #1 hotel experience. Wished we had stayed at the Basin Park instead

• Stayed: July 2011
3  Thank CH007
Reviewed July 13, 2011

Captures all the essence of vintage and all the comforts of modern. Right in the center of everything downtown, I hadn't realized how close and accessible everything would be until we arrived. Accommodated our children, 1 and 3 yrs old, very well. They loved the waterfall faucet in the bathtub. While we decided we would never stay more than 1 night in Eureka again, this would be the place to spend the night if we did. Eureka and the New Orleans great place to relax if you're not planning on doing too much else besides hitting the shops and eating well. Even though we do seek a more active location, the New Orleans was more than adequate and the best overall part of our trip. Would defiantly stay here again if we returned.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in close proximity to the balcony, we were steps away from drinking coffee while we watched all of downtown Eureka.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank JosephDaGreat
Reviewed June 26, 2011

1) There was a LARGE crack in our door, with a span of at least 20 inches. Through this crack, someone from outside the door could clearly & easily view the bed/bedroom, which resided just beyond this door. Incredulously, when brought to the managers attention, they rudely and tersely said if we did not like it, we could try to find another hotel [this was on a holiday weekend where most hotels were completely sold out].
2) Had a hard time getting sleep, since heating unit was loud, and the old wood construction seemed to amplify the noise of people walking up & down the hallways.
3) Upon entered bathroom, we encountered 2 dead large flying insects were on the bathroom floor.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple