“Great Stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Columbia, Mo
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Great Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2014

Second stay at the Palace for my wife and I. I was as delightful as the first. Very quiet and comfortable. Will stay again.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank flyflipper

Iowa
60 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 84 helpful votes
“The Only Place in Eureka Springs to 'Take the Water'”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2014

Eureka Springs was once a Victorian resort town where people went to soak in the mineral waters of the springs. The Palace Bath House is the only place where you can still do this.

Much of the bath house is authentic to its construction at the turn of the last century. Once a very upscale bordello, gentlemen would come to the Palace for the healing benefits of the water, then move upstairs for 'entertainment'. Now the Palace is a historic hotel and the spa below allows anyone the opportunity to luxuriate in the waters.

I enjoyed "The Works" package which included a soak in a 6 foot long claw foot tub (heavenly), a steam, and an hour long massage. I also added on a salt scrub. Absolutely fabulous!

Visited May 2014
4 Thank Irishgrl_7
Jonesboro, Arkansas
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Nice experience overall with just a few ideas for improvement.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2013

Experienced "the works" package with my husband as part of our 10 year anniversary trip to Eureka Springs. "The works" started with a luxurious 20 min bath in a gigantic claw foot tub for 20 min. Each tub has its own small dressing room with a chair and a place to hang your personal items. There are probably 5-6 tub rooms in a row with an open, shared ceiling space so you do hear whatever's going on in other rooms. There is relaxing music playing in the background, and there are signs that say quiet please as to not disturb others or something like that. After the bath, we got a large towel to dry off with and wear from place to place. Definitely would have preferred bath robes to wear. If there had been other clients coming through, that would have been very awkward seeing as I was just walking around in a bath towel. Then, you get about 5 min or so in a steamer which is like a wooden barrel out of which your head sticks. You really sweat more than you could ever imagine in the thing! My husband and I both later commented to each other that we were so close to abandoning the steamer early because you literally can't stand the heat! The view was beautiful outside the windows, though... As it began to snow, we had something pleasant to look at as we steamed. While we were steaming, the hostess moved our personal things to the massage room. Would have preferred to have had a basket to put our items in so the hostess could carry the basket without actually having to touch our stuff, and I wouldn't be thinking about how she had to carry our underwear from one place to another. Finally, we each had a 60 min massage. I had had major surgery about a month prior, and they were very accommodating to my needs seeing as I wasn't quite ready to lay on my belly yet. The tubs and steamers were separate from each other but as a couple, we were able to get our massages in the same room at the same time. The massages themselves were relaxing. The place was really nice and clean. If you like brand new and modern, this is not for you. If you don't mind and even appreciate the vintage charm, you will enjoy your experience at the Palace Bath House Spa.

Visited December 2013
6 Thank Hannah D
Tulsa, Oklahoma, United States
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“We love to come here for a massage & spa treatment”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2013

We've been coming to Palace Bath House for over 10 years to receive their spa treatment. They always have great service and a very comfortable atmosphere.

The normal treatment is 15 minutes in a cast iron tub with hot water and mineral salts. Then they take you to a steam cabinet for 5 minutes, then we like to get the 1 hour massage which includes a clay mask treatment for your face.

The environment is very quiet and relaxing and the old feel of the bath house just adds to the experience.

Visited November 2013
2 Thank Brett G
Fayetteville, Arkansas
39 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 67 helpful votes
“Good bathhouse experience”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2012

If you want the traditional bath house experience, you can definitely get it at the Palace. They differ from the Hot Springs bathhouses in that the Palace attendants don't scrub you but leave you to soak on your own. Some may prefer this.

The massage I got was much better than most of the ones I've received in Hot Springs. Just realize that bath house massages are kind of "one size fits all." Good for overall full body relaxation.

If you have a regular massage therapist, though, who knows your body and works on your trouble spots, you will not get this in the bath house. As long as you have realistic expectations going in, you will have a good time.

Staff is very friendly. Much better than in Hot Springs.

Visited November 2012