“What a great stay at Beaver lake thanks to Pointe West..”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Eureka Springs
Pointe West Resort Motel
Ranked #11 of 35 Hotels in Eureka Springs
Emory, Texas
“What a great stay at Beaver lake thanks to Pointe West..”
Reviewed March 23, 2011

After planning a last minute getaway from Lake Fork ,Tx to Beaver Lake in Arkansas. No reservationswe just jumped in the truck w/boat and headed to Eureka Springs. Leaving the girls (my wife and 6 yr old daughter) in Eureka Spring a shopping getaway ..I went to the lake area near the dam, where the world famous White River begins .. Brown & Rainbow Trout stocked. Beaver Lake along w/Lake Ouachita are to me the prettiest places to be in the south maybe all of America (my opinion). Started looking for the best view,location,pool,room,@value. After awhile of looking probably 6-7 properties viewed I stumbled on Pointe West.. There is a stairway opening between the two building which you could see the lake from the road, so I pulled in to view the lake.. best view on the the lake. Then as walking down the stairs there is a super clean pool, also with a view. The manager gave me a tour ..showed me a room w/ a whirpool..the porch along w/all units had a awesome view. We stayed for 3 nights and had a great time. Fishing at the White river 3 mins away is to easy to catch trout and even cook them for dinner (no boat needed)..a tackle shop across the dam has everything you need , just bring your pole..also across the street is a pizza/scuba shop. yes you can scuba at this lake..You will love this place,,,very satisfied customer and will be back.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank Stars64

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Reviewed January 6, 2010

I stayed with my wife for two nights at this relaxing motel. The staff was very helpful and very friendly. The view was gorgeous and my room was very comfortable! Could use an update but the experience was an overall A+

• Stayed May 2010
2 Thank beentheredonethat324
Missouri
Reviewed October 19, 2009

We booked this room for two nights..Will not return.

The room we had was in need of repair. The carpet stained and in need of replacement. The bed very unconfortable and unusually low to the floor. The room was dirty overall, you could even see streaks on the toilet seat left behind from a wet cleaning cloth. We cleaned the toilet seat with hand sanitizer, stayed one night, checked out the next morning, leaving one night on the table...Their refund policy is 48 hours notice.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
3 Thank neverland13
Steve C, Owner at Pointe West Resort Motel, responded to this review, November 16, 2014
Thanks for your review,,,,,SORRY for the bad experience.

Since your stay ,there have been major improvements to the facilities, by the last owners.
My wife and I are now the proud owners and are happy to say that we are continuing the high standards and are planning a few more changes.
We hope you might stop by check us out.
Little Rock, Arkansas
Reviewed August 9, 2009

AS the guest in the last review stated....this is not a place to stay. Teenagers run the front desk, room looks nothing like what is on the website, filthy carpet, stains on furniture, wouldn't take a shower in nasty bathroom and the beds are 2 feet tall with little to no comfort. This place needs MAJOR remodeling. We did not stay. Saw the room and left.

Lots of other places to stay. Try them.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank mecoach
Sorry about your experience,,,,,,,,That was a time of turmoil.
Renovations have been done and I am proud to say that my wife, Julie, and I are the new owners of this great little getaway.
As you can see from the reviews,,, things have been turned around.
We have several hundred satisfied guests that have stayed since your visit.
Hope you will give us another chance.
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed July 10, 2008

My family and I stayed at Pointe West for a couple of nights over the 4th of July weekend. I was there for a friend's wedding and thus managed to stay there for 2 nights before leaving for another hotel in the area (see my other review). My friend (the bride) had a MUCH better room than me, as did some of the other guests from the wedding. My parents had the worst room that I had the chance to see (and only stayed there one night): stains on the carpet (with black feet and shoes resulting), lack of fixture over the lights in the bathroom (a large open space around the lights in the ceiling), very substandard beds with much needed pillows, and even stains in the bed sheets. I could go on, but you get the picture.

These management should realize that having a few great rooms (with jacuzzi tub, as a reviewer before me noted) does not negate the fact that this place needs major updating, remodeling and cleaning.

Sure, the view is amazing, but I prefer the comforts of home.

• Liked — The View
  • Disliked — The rooms
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
2 Thank TravelingTexasT
Sorry for your bad experience in 2008.
From what I understand, some renovations were just starting to take place by the previous owner.
My wife and I have been working hard to make Pointe West a place that people would be happy to stay at and be eager to return to.
With that being said,,,, a lot of changes have been taking place, and now we are a "different place."
Please stop by and check us out.
Reviewed January 19, 2008

Stayed here over Thanksgiving weekend. The views are awesome! The resort is a little away from Eureka Springs so it was peaceful. We had one of the jacuzzi rooms and found that to be relaxing after a day of exploring Eureka Springs. We had a small problem with our vehicle and the gentleman at the front desk was very helpful. He made phone calls for us and made some recommendations. The setting was great and staff friendly and accommodating. Would stay again!

• Liked — view
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank hoopster1
branson
Reviewed October 22, 2006

We stayed here over the week-end of October 20 &21 2006. We live in Branson Mo so we are used to many motels that are available. I found this place on the web and called them direct. We took the Jaccuzi suite. It was very clean and the view of the lake from our doorway was beautiful. It has a million dollar View! Very friendly owner and worker at the front desk. We will stay with them again.

• Liked — the view from the room
  • Disliked — the way the t.v hung on the wall
  • Tips/Secrets — the jaccuzi room is not handicap friendly the tub is way to high off the ground.
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled with family