“This was a very quiet and peaceful stay- just...”
other travelers have booked this property
Living Room Bedroom
Tiny Oasis of Love Everywhere
Leroy - A Tiny Horse With A Big Persoanlity
Ayla - A Gentle Soul With A Huge Heart
Jac ~ What Can We Say?...It's Just Jac
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Excellent - based on 52 reviews

Reviews from our community

Lauren K
Newalla
“Other Guests Have Loved It”
Reviewed October 6, 2013 for a stay in September 2013
person found this review helpful

Dragonfly has such good reviews, plus guest books full of enthusiastic entries – and indeed the area was peaceful and quiet, just as we had hoped, with the lovely sound of rushing water near the deck’s comfortable rockers – and Jan was gracious about our repeatedly locking ourselves out of the cabin – that I am apparently in a very small minority (along with one recent cranky reviewer) of folks who aren’t comfortable with no (or sheer) window coverings – but I slept very little of our four nights there. Also be prepared for off-taste water – which we handled by buying bottled water at Hart’s – and a freezer too tiny (and too frost-covered) to either make or keep ice – so we bought bagged ice to keep in the Styrofoam chest in the cabin’s closet, but the store ice, surprisingly, had an off taste, too – so we never had icy cold water, although that it what we mostly drink. Nonetheless, Dragonfly is close to ES’s excellent restaurants plus our favorite bookstore anywhere – Gazebo Books – while still being off the beaten path.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Deck and rushing water sound from pond
Liked least: No window coverings; no freezer.
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Topeka
Reviewed September 24, 2013 for a stay in September 2013

Check in / front desk
Management Response
Sep 24, 2013
We are sorry you found your time at Dragonfly less than you expected. When you hadn't arrived late in the day of your check in, I called to make sure you were ok and not lost or having car trouble. We had a huge storm come through the area with lots of rain and lightening and wanted you to be aware in case you might me driving into it. You told me you were leaving Topeka about 4 or so and wouldn't arrive until close to midnight. I gave you detailed directions and told you to call if you were lost..no matter the time.

The next morning I saw that you had arrived and saw your vehicle and trailer. I also saw that you had another couple with you..although you had only paid for 2 people.

Flipkey depends on a guests honesty when charging as we do also. You had paid for 2 nights through Flipkey and then called me directly to book an extra night. At that time, I confirmed it was for 2 people. You showed up with 4.

Then yes, we had a issue with the water well. Lightening had taken the pump out and I notified you early that morning by text message and then in person to one of the gentlemen in your group. I told him the pump repair people were on their way and I could either refund you for your last night's stay and help find another accommodations. The gentleman I spoke with said you were going to be out all day and he understood that "things happen" and I asked him to call before you returned to give you water status. I then talked to the other couple staying there and they were going horseback riding and asked for suggestions for that. By the time any of you returned, water had been restored. You called late in the day while still out and I confirmed the house indeed did have water.

Yes, the lodge is as pictured on the listing and website. Curtains, donkeys and all. It's a huge draw for our guests. And Yes, Harry and Lloyd do say good morning.

The light you mentioned is an old fashioned lamp post that comes on at dusk and goes off about 11pm. Guests like it as we are in the country and if they go out to dinner a light is on when they return.

Our goal at Dragonfly is always to serve the guests and our positive reviews reflect that. Again, we are sorry you didn't have a good time.

Jan

Reviewed May 17, 2013 for a stay in May 2013
people found this review helpful

A romantic getaway Older travelers
Luxury-minded travelers
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Night
Week
Month
Book Now
Or, send the owner a message
This property has Payment Protection
Never pay for your vacation rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing