“Innkeeper is overextended.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
The Inn at Rose Hall Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #9 of 69 Eureka Springs B&B and Inns
USA
“Innkeeper is overextended.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2008

We were met by the maid, not the innkeeper, when we arrived. And the first thing the maid did was hand us an envelope and then tell us that we could leave her tip in it.

As the maid was so confident in her abilities, I expected the room to be immaculate. But that was not the case. There were a few big problems -- 1) The big spider I killed on the dresser; 2) the mold on the shower curtain; 3) unemptied trash in the garbage can; and 4) the generally dirty state of the room. All in all, it was pretty nasty, and it smelled bad too.

The innkeeper, Zoe, was very pleasant and made an excellent breakfast. She told us, though, that she owned several properties in Eureka Springs and that she was really overextended. No kidding, she's so busy that she doesn't have time to check the cleanliness of the rooms.

If I ever go back to Eureka Springs, I'd stay at the Super 8 rather than the Inn at Rose Hill.

• Liked — Breakfast
  • Disliked — The Maid
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Jimi93

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
St. Louis
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2008

Eureka Springs, AR
Our stay at the Inn at Rose Hall was the best part of our trip. The home was elegant and comfortable. Zoie Kaye and her staff were gracious and extremely helpful in advising us on all the local points of interest and recommendations for dining.

The food was fabulous. Breakfast was delicious both days we were there, but her late night snacks were an irrestible temptation. Freshly baked chocolate chip cookies greeted us on our return from dinner the first night and the best brownies we had ever tasted on the second. Both nights we were all glad we had skipped dessert at the restaurant so we could indulge in Zoie's delights.

If you are looking for a quiet place to recharge your batteries or a location for a small elegant wedding this is the place to go. However, we were not overly impressed with the town. We enjoyed walking around town looking at the architecture and landscapes, but the shopping we had heard so much about didn't live up to the hype. The nearby wild cat rescue center was worth spending a couple of hours if you love animals.

• Liked — The beautiful room that could accomodate 3 adults and the food.
  • Disliked — The parking was limited.
  • Stayed June 2008
Memphis, TN
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2008

The Inn at Rose Hall is the perfect place for a romantic, relaxing weekend getaway. We loved our room (the Camelot) and the ambiance was elegant and inviting. The location is ideal - you can walk to downtown Eureka Springs but you're off the beaten path just enough to enjoy some quiet moments in their lovely garden/courtyard. The food was good - innkeeper Zoie keeps plenty of chocolate goodies on hand and she's very accomodating of dietary requests (my husband is a vegetarian and he was well taken care of). We booked the anniversary package, and were very pleased with all the services included. Zoie goes out of her way to make sure guests have good restaurant recommendations as well as information about local events during your stay. We were looking for a speciality item, and Zoie was kind enough to make calls to antique dealers on our behalf. We had a wonderful weekend and hope to come back one day soon.

• Liked — location and ambiance
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
Greers Ferry, AR
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2008

The day before our desired wedding date, my fiancee called Rita at Inn at Rose Hall and asked if she could plan and execute a wedding for two. With the experience only a true wedding planner possesses, Rita made all the arrangements for us in less than 24 hours. She made our wonderfully beautiful wedding cake with her own hands and my husband and I both agree that is was delicious. (We even got her recipe.) The wedding reception was beautiful and well executed as was the wedding itself.

Rita expertly turned all my dreams for the perfect intimate wedding into a reality and for that I will eternally be grateful.

We were so delighted with the accomodations, that we are already planning to spend our anniversary at Inn of Rose Hall.

Stayed January 2008
tulsa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2007

Just celebrated our one year anniversary, were married there also! Cannot say enough good things about the Inn, service and Zoie! Our wedding was all that you expect it to be, the ceremony was very good and all the arrangements went off without a problem. All of our guests enjoyed themselves and heard nothing but good comments. We enjoyed it so much that we came back for our one year anniversary and that experience was as good as the wedding. Rooms are top notch, food is out of this world and advice that Zoie gave us on dinning and events was great. If you are looking for a great experience in Eureka Springs the Inn at Rose Hall is a wonderful place.

• Liked — Nice rooms and good service
  • Disliked — No glaring problems
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2007

Had a wonderful time in Eureka Springs for our " Girls Weekend". The Inn at Rose Hall was a wonderful place to stay, it was like being at home. Wonderful breakfast and the brownies were the best. I have and will recommend this bed and breakfast to my friends and family. I couldn't have asked for anything more. Thanks, Zoe!

• Liked — The atmosphere
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled with family
oklahoma
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2007

I am amazed at the good reviews of this place. The owner/inn keeper/wedding officiant is the most wretched person I have ever met! For primarily offering wedding services, I was amazed at how rude and cold the owner/inn keeper/wedding officiant, Zoie was to my mother and her fiance. My mother and her fiance got married here a little less than a year ago and it was the worst experience for them and everyone who attended the ceremony. We were not allowed to enter the premises until up to the five minutes before the wedding because they were churning out another ceremony. (It was as though we were at some cheap vegas hotel and forced to wait in line for our turn.) My mother was hoping to have a quaint and lovely romantic experience, but it was far from. When we accidentally entered the Inn 15 minutes prior to my mothers ceremony, we were kicked out and forced to change clothes in our car. The ceremony that was being conducted prior to my mothers was running late, so were were not permitted to enter and my mother and her fiance were confined to their room and not permitted to leave. Even though the couple had already finished and was simply taking pictures outside and we were no where near them and in no way of endangering their special day. When my mother approached zoie (the wretched inn keeper/officiant) she was completely rude and un-appologetic. My mother went ahead with the ceremony, but was still upset and the tension was thick. After the ceremony, my mom wound up checking out because she was uncomfortable staying in such close quarters with Zoie. (The Inn is hardly an inn, but more like a house and very creepy and awkward). My mother was charged for her full stay and not reimbursed for her inconvienance nor for the 4 days that she had already paid for but did not stay there. Bottom Line....this place is about making $$$. Once they have your $$$, they dont care if you are pleased. Apparently they dont want care about repeat business or good reviews!!! I could not believe that they completely ruined what should have been a beautiful day for my mom and her fiance. I pray that you will look around as you deserve better.

• Liked — Honestly,,,nothing!!!
  • Disliked — The staff and owner were completely deplorable
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 Thank slglenn