“great value”

Ranked #24 of 35 Hotels in Eureka Springs
Midwest City, Oklahoma
“great value”
Reviewed March 27, 2014

This motel is nicely kept up with very friendly staff, plus the rooms have amenities like fridges and microwaves that you don't ordinarily find for this price. We had a pet-friendly room and the carpet and bedding was clean unlike in some places where they give you all the old stained stuff.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
62karl, General Manager at Motel 62, responded to this review, March 29, 2014
Wanted to thank you for you review. We are very glad to hear that you was very happy with your stay . We are always trying to improve and your opinion is very important to us. Look forward to serving you again in the future

GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Manitou Springs, Colorado
Reviewed March 1, 2014

On our recent visit to Eureka Springs during the off season, many of the local hotels and resorts were closed. We blindly booked a stay at the Motel 62 through an online booking sight. I must say the name of the Motel alone made me cringe; however, upon arrival we became pleasantly surprised. The motel is conveniently located. It is very well maintained for an older establishment. The front desk person was friendly and knowledgeable and even stated, "If you need anything tonight, please don't hesitate to call me- even after the office closes". We can't vouch for all of the rooms, but ours was very clean, so much so, that we felt compelled to leave a tip for the cleaning staff. The price was also nice. Thanks Motel 62.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
62karl, General Manager at Motel 62, responded to this review, March 29, 2014
We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay. It is our goal to keep striving and improving for customer satisfaction. We do look forward to serving you again in the future and as always if you have any thoughts or ideas on improvements we are happy to listen

GM
Collinston
Reviewed October 30, 2013

Stayed here with my four grand children while on an outing and it was great. fast check in, room was big and clean. Breakfast was fresh coffee was delicious. The kids loved it. Will stay there again. Mini golf and go carts next door and they giveyou get a discount while staying at the motel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed September 30, 2013

I arrived early on my first day but was immediately given my room. The motel is nice, but not luxurious, which is exactly fit with my requirements.

The new fire pit was nice. It can be a long walk down stairs, but it was nice.

There are two small drawbacks, which is the reason for not giving this property a rating of 5:
1) My room was at the back of the property, which I prefer because it is quiet. There is a steep drive to get to the small back parking lot. I have added a picture where you can see the incline of the drive. This was not a problem for me, however, there were a couple of people that did have issues navigating the steep drive.
2) Office hours are from 8AM to 8PM. If you need something from the office, you need to make sure that it is taken care of before 8PM. To be fair, I did not have any issues with this during my stay. I understand that the great rate is, in part, due to the limited hours of the office staff.

I would definitely stay here again. I had prompt service, a clean room and a great rate. Oh, also, fresh coffee that is ground in the lobby every morning was a plus.

Room Tip: Rooms in the back have easier access to the fire pit, however, parking in front is much easier to na...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank RickDParker
Kingman, Arizona
Reviewed September 24, 2013

They grind the coffee for the lobby fresh every morning. Clean rooms. Plenty of space around the beds. Friendly Staff. Nice fire pit, but it's a long way down to get there. Good parking lot and clean pool. I plan to stay there again

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Sherman A
Belleville, Kansas, United States
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We stayed here last year over the Labor Day weekend with our "family" of Goldwing riders and were so impressed with our stay that we booked our room before leaving for this Labor Day weekend. This year was equally as impressive! The staff is so friendly and helpful, and are always ready to fix or repair anything that might need attention. Our AC unit was dripping water on the inside and soaking the carpet (did not notice this until the next morning) and within minutes after notifying the front desk someone was there with a brand new AC unit. We have quite a large group and can be a bit rambunctious at times, and Carl and his staff are always wonderful and gracious to our needs. The rooms are well-kept and the beds are comfortable (this endorsement comes from my husband who rarely finds motel beds comfortable.)

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Linda S
62karl, Manager at Motel 62, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
We would like to thank you guys..you are the best and glad you enjoyed your stay with us and as always we look forward to seeing you all again next next year. It was a pleasure to get to meet each and everyone of you. Having guest like you all are the reason I enjoy my job. Thank you so much

Resident Manager
Little Rock, Arkansas
Reviewed August 15, 2013

I travel the state and this night I styed in Eureka Springs, Motel look nice so I pulled in with no reservations. The Lady that was on duty was absolutely wonderful could not have been nicer. I received a very large room, wireless internet worked better than in a lot more expensive hotels ive stayed in. My only negative was my room had fleas and tons of them, I am sure this is from letting people stay here with dogs, but I was being eaten alive, so I ran down the street to the local grocery and bought a can of Flea spray and sprayed the whole room, then left for the evening, when I came back I guess the spray did the trick, no more fleas hopping on me! If I stay here again I will ask about how many dogs have stayed in the room I am getting.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
4 Thank jax331
62karl, Manager at Motel 62, responded to this review, August 18, 2013
We want to thank you for letting us know of any issues that you had while you stayed at our Motel and we will take action to correct them. And please the next time you stay with us ask as we have certain rooms set aside as pet rooms and are more than happy to make sure that you are put in one of our non pet rooms. We look forward to your future stay with us and thank you again for letting us know so that we can correct the issues