“Delicious food”

Simply Scrumptious Tea Room and Emporium
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed May 15, 2013 via mobile

had the salad that was special the special today. It was wonderful. we were seated by the back window and saw woodpecker, finches, cardinal.hummingbirds while we dined. Desserts are awesome too. Best food i have eaten in eureka springs. Wish they were open for dinner. Highly recommend if u want good, fresh food and good service

There are newer reviews for Simply Scrumptious Tea Room and Emporium

Reviewed May 4, 2013 via mobile

The idea of going to a lovely english tea parlor doesn't really appeal to me, but I will go any where the food is good. I had the Oreintal Chicken salad. It was a good portion and a good salad. The strawberry soup was delicious. The hightlight was the blackberry cake. What sets this place a part is it's run by people who genuinly enjoy feeding people. Serving people good food and seing them leave satisfied is what drives this buisiness and it shows in every respect

Reviewed May 2, 2013

The service was outstanding and the food lives up to the name! We will definitely be back on our next trip to Eureka Springs.

Reviewed April 29, 2013

After three nights in Eureka Springs, we were heading north to Branson for a couple days. I suggested to my husband that we eat lunch in town first and mentioned this place (I had read the TA reviews and checked out the website so knew it would be great). I told him it was a tea room knowing his eyes would roll, but also said I knew there would be something on the menu he'd like...secretly, I knew he'd go for the grilled cheese and bacon sandwich:)

As we walked into the shop and headed to the back room (yes, it IS the best of the two rooms with the wall of windows overlooking the glen and the birds and squirrels at the feeders), I was happy to see there were a few other men in the room. I said, "see, you're not the only one!" I opted for the sampler (1/2 sandwich---I chose chicken salad on wheatberry--, cup of two potatoes soup and salad with blue cheese dressing) and my husband (you guessed it) picked the grilled cheese with bacon on sourdough bread. Our waitress was kind and attentive, and Miss Charleen, the owner, seats you and takes your $ at the end (you pay at the counter). We arrived close to 1 and the place closes at 2. More and more people kept coming in and Miss Charleen warmly greeted all and assured them they would be seated soon. She at no time made them feel they had been forgotten.

The food was fresh, delicious, and homemade, and we ate every bite! On the way out, my husband smiled as he told a man who was waiting that he loved it and highly recommended the grilled cheese! I even bought one of the cookbooks, and can't wait to try some of the dishes.

It's going to be quite some time before I have such a marvelous lunch in such an amazing setting...truly! Make a believer out of your man...ha!

1  Thank janea54
Reviewed April 27, 2013

This place has been opened for years but my husband and I have never noticed it nor even heard of it! We have been missing out! We got there just a few minutes after 11am (when they open) and the dining room was already about half full. We were greeted warmly by the owner and then seated by the sweetest hostess. Our server was wonderful and the food was awesome with desserts to die for! I was worried that this would be too "froo-froo" Victorian for us, but it really wasn't. Lovely small dining room with large windows overlooking a deck with multiple bird feeders and lots of beautiful birds to watch. We each had the whole sandwich with soup. I had the chicken salad on a croissant which was delicious with their 2 Potato Soup which was a creamy blend of potato and sweet potato with a touch of curry. My husband had the grilled cheese on marble rye with a creamy Chicken, Mushroom, and Wild Rice soup. All of it was fabulous. For dessert I had the peach cobbler and my husband had this giant piece of cake that was orange and pineapple....so good! We got all of that for about $34 total!!! Great value for Eureka Springs where most places are so pricey. We cannot wait to return and will definitely be sure to stop here for lunch every time that we are in town.

1  Thank RachelGotAJeep