“Very Scrumptious”

Simply Scrumptious Tea Room and Emporium
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed September 25, 2012

I had read the reviews before going to the tea room and took the suggestion of another to get the platter with soup, salad and quiche. The food is great! and Desserts devine. Do not miss this stop in Eureka Springs. Look for the sign Gingerbread House or mall. It's hard to see the name Simply and garmins do not work in Eureka Springs, they get you close but not exactly.

1  Thank Dunkone

Reviewed September 13, 2012

Great Tea Room! Excellent food, service and atmosphere! Awesome view! I had the cranky turkey sandwich, salad with raspberry dressing and soup, it was all delicious. Then for dessert I had some scrumptious chocolate cake!! I was with my best friend and we had a great time over lunch. Spent the weekend at Flatiron Flats. The next day we went back to the Tea Room and started all over again!!

2  Thank Phyllis R
Reviewed September 4, 2012

My husband and I visited the tea room on the recommendation of a friend, and we were not disappointed. We arrived shortly before their published closing time, but they didn't seem to care, and were enthusiastic. Even after 2 PM, people were still coming in, and they were happy to seat them. We had to wait about 10 minutes for a table, but once seated, the server took our drink and meal orders quickly. When I inquired about the Strawberry soup, she made it sound delectable. I ordered the Chicken Salad Sandwich and Cold Strawberry soup. My husband ordered a salad and the Chicken and Sausage Gumbo. Our soup came in delicate tea cups, and the entrees were large and very appetizing. My chicken salad sandwich had a variety of options for bread, and I had the croissant. There were large chunks of chicken, and instead of pecans or walnuts, there were cashews. It was very tasty. The Strawberry soup was more like a dessert, and I was told this before I ordered. It was like a strawberry mousse, and very good. My husband loved his gumbo, which was spicy, and his salad was immense, almost too much for him to eat. There is a small gift shop attached to the tea room, where you can buy tea pots, tea sets, and other gifts. Unless you know the tea room is there, you might miss it as you drive by. However, it is worth finding. The owner is very energetic and gregarious, and when we inquired about the recipes, she showed us the cookbook they sell, which has all of their recipes published. Needless to say, we bought one!

3  Thank DanaSwanson
Reviewed September 3, 2012

Great view, interesting place to visit, great food, and well worth the visit. We tried quiche, soup, sandwiches, and dessert. They were all superb. The squirrels and birds just outside the window were entertaining to watch. Don't forget to try the desserts.

1  Thank Mike H
Reviewed September 1, 2012

Read the reviews and this was ranked #1 so we went there and weren't disappointed. Great food, service and atmosphere.