“Bubba's . . . simply awesome!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Bubba's Barbecue
Ranked #23 of 129 Restaurants in Eureka Springs
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Kids, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Bubba's . . . simply awesome!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2013

To be honest, I never thought I would eat at a place called Bubba's OR a place with a giant pink pig on their sign. My husband and I discovered this treasure many years ago when we asked the locals where to go. Guess I was feeling a bit "big city" when we pulled up and I thought to myself, "great, a giant pink pig". But, what a treat! We love this place - love the pulled pork sandwich, love the atmostphere and service! We have returned many, many, many times over the years. Our last visit was on June 8th. We went out of our way on the trip home to swing by Eureka from Branson just so we could eat at Bubba's. :) Everything we have had is excellent, though I personally only order the pulled pork sandwich. (drool)

• Visited June 2013

Perkinston, MS
“Tender ribs”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013

Cooked just right and the BBQ sauce was great. The beans with chunks of pork could have been a meal all by itself. Very yummy! Good bread and slaw.

Visited June 2013
Springfield, Missouri
“Good, not too spicy”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2013

I'd eaten at Bubba's a couple of times before and knew we'd get a good meal there when we stopped the other night. The place was full when we got there and we waited for seating outside on the patio, which has plenty of benches and accommodates quite a few. I ordered the "three little pigs," being a hot link fan, while my husband chose the "cluck and squeal," a combination of ribs and chicken.
We both enjoyed our meals. Barbecue is one of the most subjective cuisines. I prefer mine a bit smokier and spicier. The hot links weren't really hot. Even the hot sauce doesn't have much kick to it. But it was a good, satisfying meal and I'd come back.
The entrees are accompanied by slaw and beans, served in small paper containers which tend to disintegrate rather easily, and bread and butter. If you want fries, you have to pay a little extra to substitute. My husband did and his fries looked good.
I must mention the dessert. I have a hard time passing up key lime pie, and I'm really glad I ordered this one. I usually don't care much to see whipped cream on a dessert, as it's generally the prefab kind. This slice of pie came surrounded by several small mounds of whipped cream which tasted like the real thing, and was a complement to the pie's tart flavor. Some diners at a nearby table ordered a chocolate cake, also garnished with whipped cream and appetizing looking. When we go back, I'll definitely save room for the pie.

• Visited May 2013
Columbia, Missouri
“Good choice”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2013

We spent the morning walking around Eureka Springs enjoying the sights and were pretty hungry when we saw this place. Tried one of the sampler plates and sure glad we did, was enough food for two meals and everything was good. Ribs were meaty and not dry. Pulled pork was great. We got it as a takeout order and didn't have to wait long for it to be ready. Will definitely go again.

• Visited May 2013
Kansas City, Missouri
“Excellent sauce and tender beef”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2013

Beef was really tender, sandwich great value. Husband didn't care for coleslaw, but I did. Fries crispy not greasy. Husband really likes the sauce. As good as K.C. BBQ. Going to try the ribs next time.

Visited May 2013