“Travelodge in Eureka Springs, not so bad”
Review of Ozarka Lodge

Ozarka Lodge
Ranked #16 of 35 Hotels in Eureka Springs
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I'm a bit of a snob when it comes to where I sleep and was a bit concerned about staying at a Travelodge in Eureka Springs, Arkansas. I was still concerned when we pulled up to a relatively unassuming motel next to a closed up restaurant. And concerned that they only had double beds available. Happy that they were nonsmoking rooms. But, went to our room and 1) it has a balcony overlooking the pool and a bit of route 23), 2) coffee maker that isn't the one serving kind, 3) smells and looks clean. For the cost, it really wasn't bad and I'd stay there again. Convenient as well. Nothing fancy, but it worked out great.

Room Tip: Third floor rooms are on the ground floor and have a patio view as there are two levels below, even...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Ozarka Lodge

Reviewed July 4, 2013

We booked 2-2Q adjoining rooms. When we arrived the rooms were clean enough, but the beds seemed small. I thought they might have gotten us in the wrong rooms (2 Double) so I went to inquire. I told the manager I thought she might have given us the wrong rooms, I thought they were doubles. Her reply: " Lady, I have owned this hotel for a long time...I think I know what size beds I bought!" I said...Ok...I just thought you might have made a mistake...the beds seem small. Reply....I think I know what I am doing!!! I have done it a long time!!!! I said...I just thought they were doubles. She again rudely said I bought the beds!!!! I know what size they are!!!! I said...ok....I will just remember not to stay here again. Her VERY LOUD reply....Lady...It's a small world...If you don't want to stay here.,..I don't really care...there are plenty of other people in this world! I turned and walked out the door as she followed me out yelling....I didn't do anything wrong!!! YOU made the reservation!!! I was so upset I could not go up the next morning for her wonderful breakfast of donuts and bagels!

Room Tip: Choose another hotel!!!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Kathy M
Reviewed May 29, 2013

TThe room was clean and the hotel is well located. Staffing was friendly. Pricing was comparable to others with same accommodations. Would go back again. Only issue noticed was chain lock for rear door was broken, not a big deal as deadbolt was secure.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Gary L
Reviewed May 24, 2013

Service was great. We stayed 4 days and was a great experience. Rooms were very clean and staff was very friendly and it was affordable. We would recommend this hotel. We also took a small pet and miss Bella even enjoyed the staff :)

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed May 21, 2013

My wife and I had reserved a room in advance for a nice weekend get away. Two days before we were going to leave we had a family emergency and would not be able to make the trip. I called the hotel directly to cancel the reservation and the woman I talked to said she could cancel the reservation but she would have to still charge my card since I missed the cancellation deadline by a couple hours. I told her about the family emergency and how it was not something I had planned and she didn't care and was very insensitive. I had to call the main 1-800 number to get it canclled and they told me my card would not be charged. However come Monday morning the hotel still charged my card. I am currently working with the main customer service regarding the refund but it is not an easy process and we should not even be having to do this. Don't know if it's just this one hotel or not but I will never book with Travelodge again due to this horrible service.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank james h
Reviewed May 18, 2013

My husband and I were pleased with the cleanliness, location, and affordability of our room. It had been completely remodeled and was immaculately clean. We were placed on the back side of the hotel and did not have any noise from the highway traffic. I felt safe there. Our main purpose in visiting there was to shop downtown and to see the Passion Play. We were centrally located between the two. Also, the trolley had a stop out front if you preferred to take it instead of the car. The owner was very sweet and accommodating.

Room Tip: Rooms on the back are sheltered from the highway noise and have a large wooden deck where you can re...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 15, 2013

I'm a little reluctant to write this because there are so many places in Eureka that are just ok, and by appearance alone, this motel could easily fall into the ‘ok’ category. However, this place is better than ok, and I want to keep it for myself. But, we’re all on here to help each other, so when you’re looking for a place that is better than ok, Eureka Travelodge is it. I’m pretty particular about beds, and I have to say the beds at Travelodge really surprised me. Firm & comfortable. Fantastic pricing at this place, and the location is prime.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple