“Not worth the price of admission”
Review of Quigley's Castle

Quigley's Castle
Reviewed May 7, 2013

This would have been an interesting 25 minutes if it didn't cost so much. And I agree that it is very run down - the plants that line the periphery of the inside of the house (the most interesting feature of the property) are not even well maintained. It makes me wonder what they are doing with all that income that is being generated.

All reviews
in 92 reviews
"butterfly"
in 15 reviews

Reviewed May 1, 2013

What a waste of money. Run down, ridiculous collections, dirty. I would not recommend this to anyone.

1  Thank dejimita
Reviewed May 1, 2013

This was such an oasis in a weekend of crowded shops and deadlines. I loved how the owner tells the interesting story of one determined woman's dream and then just lets visitors wander around on their own in the lovely gardens and house, instead of pushing us through like a herd of cattle. No, it's not a huge European castle. It's more a fairyland. Take your time, take a deep breath. Watch the miracle of honey bees on the flowers.

2  Thank A_Arcimboldo
Reviewed April 22, 2013

Quigley's Castle isn't really a castle but ...If you like interesting, this is for you. This house (castle) is all made up on the outside by a collection of fossils, crystals, arrowheads, and stones that was collected by the original owner (Mrs. Elise Quigley) since her early childhood. It was actually quite interesting, there were all kinds of things around the outside that were made out of the stones collected, there were little sitting stools, birdbaths, flower pots, etc and inside the house was pretty remarkable with the four feet of earth that was left bare between the edges of the living space and the walls, within this space Mrs. Quigley planted flowering, tropical plants. Once inside you can see these tropical plants that grow up to the second story ceiling these plants that are over 65 years old now. I enjoyed myself and it was just one of those things that if you like off the beaten path, then go here relax and enjoy.

1  Thank Patricia R
See more reviews
Reviewed April 21, 2013

This was the biggest waste of $14 (2 entry fees) on our entire trip to Eureka Springs. When you walk up to the gate and think “This looks kind of junky” go with your gut and head on down the road. I had to admit that I did use the phrase “This is the strangest thing I have ever seen”, not because of the house/grounds but because someone considered it art. I must admit the Butterfly Wall was pretty neat but that was about it. I just wish I had read some reviews before I wasted my money.