“Great place to stay!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Wildflower Cottages
Chanute
“Great place to stay!”
Reviewed April 14, 2013

Loved our stay here. Very unique place and always clean. It is a short walk downtown which is great due to parking downtown is not easy to find. The hot tub is always nice. Have stayed at the Redwood also and it is a great place also. We will be back!

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Bruce B

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Reviewed April 13, 2013

My husband and I were referred here by some friends and we were very pleased with the cottage. It's close to downtown, but you do have to hike up a set of stairs to get back to the cottage from downtown. It was clean and absolutely charming. Unique decor. We loved the hot tub and taking walks. We'll go back.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank Hollyhock68
Fayetteville, Arkansas
Reviewed April 2, 2013

I've stayed a few different places in Eureka Springs, but when I need to get away I call Jan & Ed!! I've stayed in both the Wildflower and Redwood Cottages after "meeting" them via Twitter in 2010. My boyfriend, best friend, and her boyfriend all came over for a night and we were thrilled with our experience. We chose the Wildflower Cottage because the upstairs/downstairs suites in the Wildflower Cottage seemed perfect for us. My friend and her boyfriend took downstairs, a one bedroom suite with a jacuzzi tub, and my boyfriend and I took the upstairs cottage with the kitchen & private deck (with the hot tub!) We all cooked a nice breakfast together the next morning and enjoyed it on the front porch. We were very pleased overall with the experience and the next time I came to Eureka I let Jan know right away.
I've stayed a couple of times since and each has been just as fantastic as before. I always feel right at home when I'm there, and I've never had a bad experience- I have to say, I can't pick a favorite cottage between the Redwood or the Wildflower, both are wonderful. I really like that there is off-street parking (the cottages share some reserved spots with the place next door) and that you're within walking distance of downtown, though somehow, every time I stay I always end up just relaxing and never leaving the cottage! :)

I'd highly recommend Wildflower Cottages for business travelers, singles or couples looking for an affordable getaway. The owners are so nice, they keep to themselves but are close & super helpful. The Redwood Cottage has some pretty steep stairs, so if you have bad knees that's something to consider. Like I mentioned, the Wildflower offers a downstairs suite for couples traveling together or families with older children, otherwise both cottages are perfect for a romantic getaway or a quiet little solo retreat. I've been here for both and couldn't love it more! Its a great place to stay!

Room Tip: Redwood Cottage is great for anyone who doesn't mind stairs- the bedroom is in a neat little lof...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank heathercosta
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed March 16, 2012

When the website said Fully equipped kitchen, we thought that meant fully equipped. The refrigerator was dorm sized. We stayed for 4 days, planning on cooking all our meals, and we could not even fit our food in the refrigerator. NO freezer space at all. The stove works, however, you have to light it with a match. No little incidentals you take for granted would come with Fully Equiped. (salt, pepper, trash bags, napkins, paper towels) The experience was not as great as our last experience in Eureka Springs. I'm quite sure we won't be back.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank sghrjh
wfrw, Owner at Wildflower Cottages, responded to this review, March 23, 2012
Dear Sghrjh,

I'm sorry you were unhappy with our lack of paper towels, salt, pepper and napkins. Our "kitchen" is a bonus for those who want to save a little money by preparing simple meals.

Our website states we offer a "full kitchen".... (stove, refrigerator, pots and pans, cooking utensils and grill) I've never offered a "fully equipped kitchen".

I apologize if you felt mislead. Thank you for your post.

Sincerly,
Jan Conde
Reviewed December 17, 2011

We came to celebrate our anniversary and we are leaving a day early if that tells you anything. The bed which is claimed to be a new mattress was like sleeping on a bed of rocks. The whole place is entirely uncomfortable. The only positive was the hot tub. Eureka is full of amazing places to stay and this is not one of them. Save yourself the trouble!! We told the owner we would not be staying and we would leave the money for the entire stay where she told us to. Within minutes she was at the door, not to try and resolve the situation but to to tell us she needed the money immediately. RUDE.

• Stayed December 2011
wfrw, Owner at Wildflower Cottages, responded to this review, March 23, 2012
??? I'm not so sure you stayed with us. ???? I've contacted trip adviser about this review.
Newton, Kansas
Reviewed July 26, 2011

We didn't want to leave!! :) This is our second time to stay in the Redwood Cottage which is also owned by the Condes. The owners are very friendly & when you do need something, they are just a call away.

We enjoy the coziness in the cottage and the hot tub for a great way to end our evening.We enjoy hearing the music downtown and the scenery. We even had some deers greet us at our front door as they were just walking pass to go down to the trees.

We met some neighbors, found new eating places and explored some more areas around the town.

This is really a great place to stay if you want to stay out of the downtown area.This is just a short walking distance down to town & you don't have to worry about paying for the parking lots in town. You have a private parking space for your vehicle by the cottage. You definately will get a workout on the stairs & streets to and from town. This was our workout each day, 2 - 3 times a day .... But worth it !!

We will be coming back AGAIN and we do recommend this to others to experience.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sweetness7274
Reviewed July 24, 2011

This place was just a 5 minute walk to downtown, yet it was so private and secluded! There were deer that came from the woods to the back of the cottage... It was cute and full a simple charm! There was a retro working stove in the kitchen as well as an amazing hot tub on the private balcony! At night you could see all of the lights from downtown through the trees. We loved it so much that on our way home, we
were already planning to go back!

• Stayed July 2011