Dinner Bell Ranch and Resort
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Eureka Springs
See available hotels
Express Inn(Eureka Springs)
Regency Inn(Eureka Springs)
Motel 62(Eureka Springs)
Lookout Lodge(Eureka Springs)
Great 4.5/5
Country Mountain Inn(Eureka Springs)
Wagner Inn(Eureka Springs)
  • Breakfast included
Brydan Suites(Eureka Springs)
Colonial Inn(Eureka Springs)
Very Good 4/5
Apple Blossom Inn(Eureka Springs)
Great 4.5/5
Land O Nod Inn(Eureka Springs)
Great 4.5/5
All reviewscabin experiencethe king size bedmy husband and itreesjacuzziwildlifesquirrelseurekaarkansaswedding
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 13, 2011

After a search online we found a website for this location and I emailed about the availability of rides the coming weekend. After 4 days without a response I ended up calling and was told by a friendly gentleman that they only have dial-up so if you have questions I wouldn't suggest email. I also wouldn't suggest gps to get you there as well. Ours was way off, but luckily there are signs along the way alerting you to how much farther you must travel and then a large sign over the entrance to the ranch. We made our reservation for 11am and arrived that day about 15mins early. We were greeted by some friendly dogs and then the owner. She told us it was $30/person despite the website saying $25 and when I asked she told me they just hadn't updated it yet. Since there isn't a lobby or structure to wait in we had to just sit stand around outside. This wouldn't have been a big deal if we had left for our ride at 11am but we didn't end up leaving until closer to noon. They basically decided to take the people in the noon ride and move us in with them. If they had called us (since I gave them my telephone number) we could have just arrived around noon like the other 4 individuals instead of having to wait for an hour outside when it was windy and cool. That would have been nice. Overall the owner really didn't seem to care too much about hospitality. One of the women in our group was in Eureka visiting her mom and basically the owner only talked to her the whole time. This guest also asked to use the restroom and the owner actually hesitated before finally saying sure you can use the one in my house. Overall the owner just didn't seem interested in having us out there and I felt like I was more intruding than being a paying customer.
Having never rode a horse before it would have also have been nice to receive some instructions first. Luckily my horse was well trained and I was just basically along for the ride. My poor wife who is 50lbs lighter than me and 7 inches shorter was given a horse just as big as mine though, which didn't make for a comfortable ride for her. The location was nice and the horses all had great dispositions but I just feel like the service was lacking. No one likes wasting time on their vacation, prices being raised on them last minute (regardless of the amount), or feeling like an inconvenience when they are actually a paying customer.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple