“Not worth the money”

Ranked #21 of 136 Restaurants in Eureka Springs
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Pepe Tacos at Casa Colina : Located in an 1890's era home on the top of Planer Hill, in Eureka's Historic District. We feature fresh traditional Mexican cuisine in an elegant, yet relaxed atmosphere. Our decks, porches, and dining rooms are further enhanced by our acres of natural wooded surroundings. Specials of the house include skewers of Grilled Steak w/ Guacamole and Mango Salsa, Aztec Boudin, and Blacken Red Snapper w/ Pineapple Salsa. Full beverage service, best Margarita's this side of the Rio Grande. We offer Happy Hour Prices from open top close.
Reviewed September 21, 2013

I did like the ambience of the restaurant. The food wasn't the best. I love mexican food but this wasn't to my liking. The server Nick was pleasant. He's a great waiter. It wasn't busy the day we went (it was a Monday evening) so that made it enjoyable.

JJJoy, Owner at Pepe Tacos at Casa Colina, responded to this reviewResponded September 22, 2013

Some guests are looking for a Tex-Mex experience. We are not Tex -Mex, fast, or cheap. If you are looking for a genuine unique Mexican dining experience we are your restaurant. We use only the finest ingredients and prepare our food items from scratch. Our facility is upscale casual and their is not another restaurant like ours to be found anywhere this side of the Rio Grande. Our guests travel from Tulsa, Springfield, Little Rock and beyond just to dine with us.

Reviewed September 18, 2013

This restaurant has the best Mexican food my wife and I have ever had. I had the Chiles en Nogada and my wife had the pork tacos. I can't wait until we eat there again. We want to give a big shout out to our server Heidi. She really took good care of us. If you want to experience some good food you need to eat here. I know we will again!!

Reviewed September 18, 2013

Felt like Déjà vu, that we had been to this restaurant on one of our many journeys through Mexico and the Caribbean. Chef David prepared beautiful dishes that were decorated like nothing I’ve every seen before in a Mexican Restaurant. Needless to say this is no Tex-Mex cuisine, but much more sophisticated and brilliantly executed. Our Margaritas were made from fresh ingredients and so good I had two. The waiter (Joe) helped us make our food choices and was very attentive. Everything was well beyond our expectations; we will be back again, and again.

Reviewed September 17, 2013

My friend and I happened upon this place as it was late and so many other places to eat had already closed. We wanted the crab cakes, but they were out. (Again, it was late!) So we each had drinks, a Mohito and a sangria. It hit the spot. Dining out or having one's drinks on the deck outside is a special treat. The landscaping on that hillside is outstanding - lush, colorful and well designed. It did take a while to get seated, but it appeared the host/server was on his own.

Reviewed September 17, 2013

This is not your ordinary Mexican restaurant! My husband ordered the Casa Colina
Crepes that were full of shrimp, mushrooms, and spinach covered in a cream sauce
and topped with Mexican vegetables, yum. I ordered the Walnut encrusted Sea
bass, which was out of this world. The waiter who owns the place was attentive,
entertaining, and unobtrusive. What an atmosphere, we felt like we were back to a
Mexican restaurant in Puerto Vallarta. Next time we’re in Eureka you can count on
our return. Thank you