“Perfect stay .. Awesome owners , 5 star clean!!!!”
Review of Lookout Lodge

Lookout Lodge
Ranked #4 of 35 Hotels in Eureka Springs
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Perfect stay .. Awesome owners , 5 star clean!!!!”
Reviewed November 12, 2012

We took our 9 and 7 year old to Eureka Springs on a mini vacation. We loved Lookout Lodge.No complaints ! Awesome owners , wonderful cont breakfast. Loved it!! Extremely clean !!! Very comfortable beds .

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank Mommytwenter

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (146)
Reviewed November 12, 2012

Very nice place to stay. I loved the wood floors in the rooms, no nasty carpet-ugg. Private adult floor was a nice touch and the hot tub was very enjoyable. My only wish is that it was easier to book a one night stay. I'm a two hour drive away and I would love to come for a weekend night out occasionally! Maybe the winter is easier to book???

Also, I really don't appreciate some of the tourism that the Eureka Chamber is inviting in to this community. It certainly has changed from the days when I was married here, and the Passion Play was going so strong. I like to enjoy the night life and let my hair down sometimes, but the vulgar, in your face things that are happening around this town are surely affecting tourism in a negative way and making it harder for businesses to deal with these challenges.

As far as a place to stay, it's nice to know that the Lookout Lodge is one of the cleanest places in town. The owners work really hard and I do appreciate all the effort they put in to their business.

Room Tip: Adult floor.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Little Rock, Arkansas
Reviewed November 12, 2012

We had a great weekend, and enjoyed our stay at Lookout Lodge. It is in a very beautiful setting in Eureka Springs, close to everything, but quiet. The bed was great, and very comfortable. The furnishings were like a cabin, which I love! The hosts were very helpful with directions to various sights around town, and well as the best food and restuarants. We only stayed 1 night, as we had a short weekend, but we would definately love to stay longer. The next time we come to Eureka Springs, we would book this place, but call ahead, as they are a popular place. The only thing I'd say on the negative side is that the drapes don't keep out the light. But since I always take my eye blinders wherever I go, that was not a problem for me. We stayed on the 1st floor facing the road, and didn't hear a sound. I would definately recommend this place!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Libby W
Maumelle, Arkansas
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I've stayed in many places in Eureka Springs over the years and Lookout Lodge is one of the best. Sonja and Robert were very helpful with recommendations and making sure we had all the info we needed. The room was immaculate! I've never seen a cleaner bathroom and the laminate flooring immediately gave you a sense of freshness and cleanliness. The pillows were big, fluffy, and plentiful; the bed was comfortable with a lovely quilt instead of one of those atrocious polyester "hotel/motel" covers. I also loved that all the windows could be opened allowing a nice fall breeze on the warm afternoons. The cleaning staff was also very friendly and we heard very little noise from the other guests. The lodge was right on the trolley lines so we could park our car and just enjoy Eureka. I also liked that the owners are environmentally concerned and provided green products in the rooms and recycling bins for the guests. I highly recommend Lookout Lodge and would happily stay there again.

Room Tip: Choose a room directly across from the atrium - it helps block any highway noise.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
New Braunfels
Reviewed October 31, 2012

Would definitely stay here again. Beds had new comfortable pillowtop mattresses and rooms were kept spotless. Couple who own this establishment are very friendly and helpful when asked for advice about Eureka Springs. There was a large assortment of movies available for you to enjoy since a DVD player was provided in each room and outside seating which was perfect for our game of cards after a long day of walking through the quaint town. There is a forest behind the motel and a hot tub available to soak away your aches and pains after a long day of walking the hills. Almost directly across the street is a family owned restaurant which serves the best catfish, nice and crunchy. Refrigerators were in each room.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Austin, Texas
Reviewed October 30, 2012

Stayed here 2 nights with the wife. Easy to find, right off the main road. Check-in was easy - the Swiss couple that run this place is really friendly and man, do they keep the rooms clean. I also like that they have recycling! The room was nicely decorated and the bed was comfortable, the bathroom just a little small, and the shower had an older, basic head with OK water pressure. Continental breakfast is basic, although I like that they had Little Debbie Oatmeal cream pies, not really breakfast food but I like them anyway. A good deal for less than $100/night, and a very good launch pad for the area. Almost 5 stars, almost.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a new mattress (serta something....)
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 22, 2012

This was my first visit to Eureka Springs and it was a great one! Lookout lodge was in a good location, next to plenty of restaurants and close to main street- where all the shopping is done. My boyfriend and I didn't plan an itinerary and decided to "wing it" when arriving. Lucky for us our innkeeper Sonja was there to suggest plenty of activities and restaurants worthy of trying.
It rained one of the nights there, which I still enjoyed, but I'm very glad we stayed in a comfty room with cable and wifi, made it easier to enjoy the day. The room was very cute! And right in our price range. Overall I felt lookout was the perfect "feel" of Eureka- very homey!

• Stayed October 2012