“Another great stay”

Lookout Lodge
Ranked #4 of 35 Hotels in Eureka Springs
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed June 24, 2012

My family chose to stay here again after our previous wonderful stay. Still clean as usual, Robert and Sonja were just as hospitable, if not more. Noticed that the towels were plush, not the cheap kind you usually get. The atrium was a great place for our family to hang out and visit with each other. Lots of shopping and restaurants nearby. Still recommend this place to anyone. Do not hesitate to stay here!

Room Tip: The rooms on the lower level are the best. The quietest rooms with the best view. It's also the...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed June 18, 2012

My fiancee and I went to be in a friend's wedding in Eureka Springs. Our room at the Lookout Lodge was nearly as nice as the pricey bed and breakfast that they were staying in. We stayed in the King jacuzzi suite. The bed was huge and soft, the room was clean, the jacuzzi was great, and it was QUIET. My fiancee said she didn't see ANYONE there the entire time other than the management, who were incredibly nice and helpful (although the parking lot was nearly full, so there were patrons). The continental breakfast was cereal and muffins (no complaints about a free meal), the view was gorgeous off of the private level balcony, and the room was nicely appointed. If I had to list one issue with the room, the water temp was a bit flaky, and I was occasionally blasted by cold water in the shower, but believe me when I say I was COMPLETELY satisfied by our stay. If and when we go back to Eureka Springs, we will be staying at Lookout Lodge. It's a great choice.

Room Tip: The private level suites are VERY quiet.
Reviewed June 14, 2012

My fiancee and I recently went to Eureka Springs to check out and finalize our wedding plans. We chose The Lodge for a couple of reasons, the most important being that they had an available room for less than $150. I read the reviews before booking but didn't figure that there was anything that spectacular about this motel.
WRONG!!
I travel for business and have stayed in rooms ranging from $39-$450 a night and I have never been as happy as I am with this place.
The Lookout Lodge is hands down the cleanest, friendliest, and most accommodating hotel that I have stayed in EVER.
I read the reviews that said that you could hear the folks upstairs. Well, welcome to having hardwood floors. All hardwood. If that doesn't appeal to you, then go stay in a carpeted room in a chain motel.
I also read the "no coffee maker in the room" post. This is true. There isn't. But I also read that if you wanted one, all you have to do is ask Robert or Sonja and they'll get you one. It's just as easy to grab coffee and a donut from the office area (and that's coming from a caffeine junkie).
We didn't get a chance to use the hot tub, although we did check out the area. It was nice and out of the way.
The chairs just outside of our room overlooked a wooded area where we could sit and watch the birds and squirrels and what I think was a chipmunk running around.The floor that we were on was adults only so there were no kids running around.
There is another sitting area on the main level that is almost fully enclosed with chairs and a front porch swing. Beautiful.
If you are looking for the the most comfortable place in Eureka Springs with the best people running it, then look no further. In fact, for our wedding, we are going to put all of our guests there. Yes, even my soon to be mother-in-law. I am 100% sure that she'll love it, and that woman isn't satisfied with anything.

Room Tip: Rooms 1-5 are on the lower level which is adults only. All the other rooms are kid friendly.
Reviewed June 11, 2012

My wife and I recently enjoyed a very comfortable stay at The Lookout Lodge in Eureka Springs, Arkansas. We selected a Jacuzzi room that resembled a secluded getaway cabin with a serene forest view. The room was spacious, clean, and warmly decorated, and the Jacuzzi was a wonderful way to relax after attending the annual Eureka Springs Blues Festival activities. Our hosts, Sonja and Robert Schmid, were accommodating, accessible, and interested in our comfort. We highly recommend The Lookout Lodge for a pleasant place to stay in Eureka Springs.

Room Tip: We enjoyed a room in the back with a forest view.
Reviewed June 11, 2012

The facilities were clean and very comfortable. More valuable to our get-away was the wonderful attitude. No uniforms, just top notch hospitality. The Lodge was so friendly and comfortable, we made friends with strangers and enjoyed coffee and breakfast watching the day dawn. We will definitely return. Sonja and Robert made us and our trip to Eureka Springs the most important task of their day!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 8, 2012

Great experience over all, the owners were wonderful. They lent me their cork screw and made me coffee, they were very helpful and seemed to know all the in's and outs of Eureka Springs. My wife and I had a great time visiting, the rooms were very nice and clean. The best part about the trip was the hospitality of the owners, they are such nice people and really made our stay wonderful.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 2, 2012

After a day in the Harley, it was so refreshing to find The Lookout Lodge. We didn't have a reservation for the holiday weekend and were hesitant about being able to find a room in Eureka Springs. We lucked out. We got a jacuzzi tub room and were so excited. The room was clean and comfortable. The tub was warm. The entire experience was perfect. We could not have planned any better.