“Disappointed and Inconvenience on Anniversary”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Angel at Rose Hall Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #12 of 68 Eureka Springs B&B and Inns
Arlington, Texas
“Disappointed and Inconvenience on Anniversary”
Reviewed October 11, 2012

My husband and I were celebrating our anniversary and were scheduled to stay at Angel at Rose Hall for two nights beginning on 10/7/12. For the record, we were charged for one night on our credit card. As we arrived, there was no where to park and the few parking spaces available in the front appeared to be reserved for weddings. My husband went to the front door of Angel at Rose Hall and was greeted by a large barking dog and a rude man (who we later discovered was Bob, the other innkeeper) who asked what did he want and my husband felt discriminated against. My husband informed him that we had paid to be there and said he wouldn't come inside unless he put the dog up. The man informed him that the dog didn't bite and that the dog belonged there. However, we are both allergic and afraid of dogs and wasn't aware that the inn keepers would have their dog running around freely and we also discovered dog bowls were in the kitchen, which was unsanitary. We asked the innkeeper why we were not made aware that there would be a large dog running around on the property and she stated because we didn't ask...hmm not good enough.... We have stayed at B&B all over the world and got married out in Cape Cod and have never seen innkeepers carry out in this manner. We decided we would not stay at this B&B and demanded our money back, which was the best thing we could have done..Thank God! The innkeeper stated on more than one occasion that she didn't know what to tell us and that all B&B in Eureka had dogs, which we found hard to believe. We found this to be totally inconvenient and disappointing after making an 8 hour trip to celebrate our anniversary. We do not plan to return to this B&B and we will inform others about our experience.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank mj2323_74

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
Kansas City, Missouri, United States
Reviewed October 11, 2012

My husband and I were celebrating our 15th anniversary and wanted to find a place we would both like and one that wasn't over the top "Victorian" looking. I came across this while looking on the internet and also checked TripAdvisor and saw the great reviews. Initially I was a little disappointed we couldn't check the availability online, but after my husband called to check out the room options and availability, I think it worked out perfectly!
Susan and Bob did a great job hosting for the weekend, they had several weddings throughout the weekend, but they didn't sacrifice any service for the guests that were there for a stay. They also worked with me on dietary needs and made a breakfast one morning that worked for me! Such a treat!
The room was so nice and really spacious. We had a private balcony which made it nice to have our own place to sit out and enjoy our coffee. We both enjoyed the fact that it was close enough to walk into the main downtown area, but it was far enough away to be private and have that exclusive feel.
We plan to go back again when we can get away. This was the first time we had spent a weekend away from our 3 children, so it was a definite treat and look forward to more visits!

monnet
Reviewed October 3, 2012

Like most consumers,I am always checking reviews on restaurants and hotels,but until now I have never been inclined to write a review. After our stay I felt the need to sing the praises of this bed and breakfast. If you have the opportunity to stay I know that you will love it. Spacious room, king bed,shower and bath water hot and good pressure and free wifi. Owners offer some great tips on what to do in town and where to eat. Location is minutes of town. It also has onsite parking for guests which is a premium in Eureka. Look forward to our next trip.

Room Tip: All room are very nice
Dallas, Texas, United States
Reviewed September 23, 2012

Loved, loved, loved staying at the Angel at Rose Hall! We felt pampered, rested and rejuvenated. Bob and Susan are awesome people and are there to to help whether planning out sites to see or just offering an encouraging word. This B & B is elegant and spacious. Great breakfasts - they will also take into consideration any dietary needs. There are many places to stay in Eureka Springs but bypass them all and go straight to the Angel - you won't be disappointed!

Room Tip: All the rooms are beautiful - you can't go wrong with any of them.
Selmer
Reviewed September 16, 2012

We recently were blessed to spend a mini vacation at Angel of the Rose, after looking at several other B&B's, we were so fortunate to check out The Rose. The other homes were fairly nice but were modified homes, changed to accommodate guests, the Rose was built to be a B&B. The rooms were very spacious, with all the ammenities you might expect at a much higher priced hotel, food was excellent, exceptionally friendly host's -really made us feel at home. We highly recommend

Room Tip: You can check other facilities but The Rose will be hard to beat!!!
Muskogee, Oklahoma
Reviewed September 14, 2012

This is our second time to stay here. It still looks brand new. It is on the edge of town, so it is quiet, but still only minutes from downtown. Everything looks and works great. You'll get a huge room with a huge bed, hot tub, large bathroom/shower, private balcony, cable TV, WIFI, snacks, drinks, breakfast, etc. There are 3 entrances, so it's easy to get in and out. This is for adults only, so the noise is nearly nonexistent. There is parking in the front and in the back, so that's not an issue. The innkeeper and her housekeeper are both extremely friendly. I really don't see you going wrong here.

Lebanon
Reviewed September 3, 2012

My husband and I had our wedding and a two night stay at the Angel at Rose Hall. We enjoyed our time very much and do not have one regret. All the details of the wedding were handled; all that was needed was my preference. Upon arrival we were excited to see how elegant the grounds were and even more pleased with the friendliness of the staff. The information given to us prior to arriving, regarding the policies of the place and all of the disclosures, was very helpful. The wedding went very smoothly, I was able to relax and enjoy my time. I was made to feel the center of attention by both my family and the staff at Angel at Rose Hall. Not once did I feel rushed, not once did I feel obligated to stop “being in the moment” and attend to any policy that my guest were breaking, and there was not one moment where I felt anything other than happiness. The minister selected to marry us was very sweet and well prepared, our flowers were beautiful, cake was delicious, and all the other accommodations were well appreciated. Our photographer had worked at the home many times and knew exactly how to direct us, all we had to do was smile. For a bride and groom who have decided to put more emphasis on their vows, commitment, and the time spent with each other rather than the details required of having a big wedding, this is the perfect place to get married at. In addition to getting married we had a 2 night stay. The room was gorgeous (to say the least), very comfortable, relaxing, working A/C, good water pressure, CLEAN, etc. The room had all the characteristics that a traveler would be interested in. Breakfast was served downstairs in the mornings and was very good. You could tell it was made from wholesome ingredients, which made for a nice change since we had been eating out a lot while being away from home. One last thing about Angel at Rose Hall that made an impression on me was how quiet it was. It was fully booked the weekend we stayed and there was one larger wedding, even so, not once did we hear anybody else. I’ve been many places and even live in a place where the owner has both verbally and in writing given their policy on noise, but not once have I been as impressed with an owner on how they implement their policy on noise. I read some of the complaints about Angel at Rose Hall prior to writing my review (just out of curiosity) and if I would have been at the bed and breakfast during the same time those guests were I would have been furious with the chaos they were creating. As Susan states in her responses to them, in her contract, and straight to you if you ask, she is a professional with a professional business, she’d like you to visit and enjoy if you’d like, but just like anything else in this world there are boundaries and expectations, just as we as guest expect the owner to uphold their end, she expects her guest to uphold theirs. For this, I am able to make a full and complete suggestion to anyone considering staying at the Angel at Rose Hall. If you visit you will be well taken care of, well informed, and if you are laid back and considerate of others you will be able to relax and have an experience that goes above and beyond what you have spent on it.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple