“Simply love the Angel at Rose Hall”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Angel at Rose Hall Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #11 of 68 Eureka Springs B&B and Inns

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
Okie
Reviewed January 8, 2008

Absolutely Heavenly!!! Every detail was wonderful and extremely old-fashion romanic, Victorian Style! We couldn't have asked for a more warm & initimate atmosphere to have our wedding. Bob & Susan are the most gracious host & hostess, making you feel right at home as soon as you arrive. My husband & I are extremely blessed to have been led to the Angel at Rose Hall because of the definite sweet presence of the Holy Spirit that resides in such a Christian enviroment. I would encourage any weary Christian traveler to stay at the Angel because of the peace and joy and love that is tucked into every corner. Everywhere you look you see beautiful Victorian paintings of JESUS and angels. All the accomodations are worthy of the 4 Diamond AAA Award they have earned. The three course breakfast every morning was outstanding, right down to the fresh (out-of-season) strawberries and grapes and canteloupe that actually tasted sweet in the dead of winter! Not to mention the eggs & bacon & sausage to perfection....MMMM MMMM Good!!! Even at the end of December the landscape is still beautiful and teaming with wildife.....like the local deer and white & grey squirrels that come right into the yard!

Stayed December 2007
1 Thank OkieJESUS_Girl
benton
Reviewed January 6, 2008

My wife and I had our wedding here 5 years ago and returned for some R&R. Our wedding could not have gone any better. Everything was handled from photographer to a beautiful boquet. All we did was show up in wedding attire. The owners and staff are like old friends. They open up the home for us and other guests like it is our own. The room we stayed in was very large with king bed with fine linens. Large jacuzzi tub and private balcony. My wife and I always recommend this B&B for weddings and romantic getaways.

• Liked — Opulent Room, Service, View
  • Disliked — Having to Leave.
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank emanBenton
ssl1983
Reviewed January 5, 2008

I was recently married and spent my Honeymoon at the Angel at Rose Hall.The experience was more than I could have imagined. Susan and Robert are the kindest couple. The care that they provided to me and my new husband was unexpected. They are both genuine and caring. They went out of their way to make sure our wedding was the best that it could be. Susan is great with details, her tastes is flawless. She was always there for me, when ever I had a question,problem or concern. Before we had decided on the Angel, my husband and I looked at many other Wedding venues. The Angel at Rose was by far the best . The room we stayed in was so pretty and huge! The photos of this place do not do it justice. The view from the balcony was incredable.You could see the stars every night. Each morning Susan and Robert created wonderful and lovely breakfasts, the snack were great too.
If you are looking for a place to hold a large family wedding look no farther. The Angel at Rose Hall is the best in Eureka!

• Liked — everything
  • Disliked — everything
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled as a couple
2 Thank ssl1983
Siloam Springs, AR
Reviewed December 18, 2007

The house was beautiful and the food was great. That was it, we had problems w/our credit card and they made it a very uncomfortable experience until our bill was taken care of the very next day. We also got blamed for a leak in their hot tub that had already been complained about in the past. I was so upset when I left, that the day I had dreamed about turned into getting yelled at by the 2 people who were suppose to make my day special, they even almost bursted thru the door while I wasn' t dressed and yelled open the door repeatedly. I understand they needed the problem fixed right away due to several weddings that day but then they had the nerve to tell me, It's okay - we won't charge you! I was in such a hurry I couldn't even collect my things from the bathroom I was crying so hard.

• Liked — The food was Great
  • Disliked — The owners are rude horrible people
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
6 Thank jci6841
angelatrosehall, owner at Angel at Rose Hall Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, July 5, 2008
The truth of the matter is as follows:

The reviewer is correct; she had a big problem with her credit card? It was declined! This is a fact. Not a subjective opinion.
After her card was declined, the reviewer attempted to pay her bill with a check. That didn't work either, a phone call to her bank revealed that sufficient funds were not available to cover the check. This too is a fact, not a subjective opinion.

Rather than have the reviewer arrested for attempting to pass a bad check, I gave the young couple the benefit of the doubt that they had just deposited their work checks, which would account for the insufficient funds.

After a telephone call to a family member the reviewers husband informed me that he arranged to have someone deposit funds into their bank, as a result the couple was able to use their credit card to pay their bill the following morning.

Please note I gave the reviewer the benefit of the doubt and permitted the reviewer and husband to spend the night, even though the reviewer had not yet paid the balance of her bill. It was my agreement with the reviewer that she needed to pay her balance at check in time.

Please note, no attempt was made on my part to make the reviewer feel uncomfortable as she so implied. If the reviewer wanted to stay, her bill needed to be taken care of. There was nothing else to say. The reviewer's statement that “they” made her feel "uncomfortable" until the bill was paid is a false statement, pure fiction on the part of the reviewer. Please note I was the only person the reviewer spoke with. I personally checked in the reviewer and her husband that afternoon. I do not know who the "they" the reviewer is refering to.

Subsequently, the couple was married without further incident. At the request of the couple I took photos during and after the ceremony. Later in the day, another wedding was scheduled to take place in the parlor, which is right below the room in which the reviewer occupied.

During the course of that wedding water began to drip then pour through the ceiling right below where the Jacuzzi tub is located in the room in which the reviewer occupied. In response, I ran to the office and called the reviewer on the house phone. The couple would not answer the phone, this is a fact.

Because I was in the middle of a wedding that was about to be flooded out, I asked my husband for help. In an attempt to get the couples attention, he turned off the power to the tub motor. When that didn't work, he proceeded upstairs to the room and knocked on the door. Still, there was no response. Having received no response, he came back downstairs to check the status of the water pouring through the ceiling, and to inquire as to whether I was certain that the non-responsive couple was in the room. Upon being assured that they were indeed in the room, and after a second failed attempt to contact the couple by phone, my husband proceeded back to the room. At this point he was concerned for the safety and well being of the couple. Once again he knocked on the door, and once again there was no response? Not even a "Who's there or Just a minute." Becoming more concerned due to the couples failure to respond, my husband continued knocking on the door, asking if anyone was there.

Out of respect for the wedding taking place downstairs and our other registered guests, he did not knock loudly, or yell at the couple to open the door or otherwise raise his voice or “almost burst thru the door” as the reviewer states. He acted as discretely as possible, not wanting to do anything to disturb any guests.

The fact that he even needed to go to a guests room and knock on the door made him feel very uncomfortable, let alone needing to speak to a guest who might be in a tub with his or her spouse.

After what seemed to be an eternity, the reviewers husband came to the door with a towel wrapped around his waist, at which time my husband explained to him that water was pouring though the ceiling below, and that he needed to check to see where it was coming from. Upon entering the room my husband noted that there was a considerable amount of standing water around the outside of the Jacuzzi tub.

My husband explained to the reviewer's husband that they needed to be more careful, if water is splashed and flooded over the side of the tub there is no place for the water to go other than down through the ceiling below. During the entire time the reviewer remained in the bathroom. The point being that contrary to reviewer's account of events, there was no confrontation between her and my husband, and no truth to the charge that the innkeeper "yelled" at her.

I take note to this point, my husband and I are both very calm and friendly individuals. We do not raise our voices to guests or to anyone. We love our guests and are humbled that they selected us for their special stay. This statement alone is false, hurtful and clearly not a subjective opinion, but a false statement.

The only individual that raised her voice was the reviewer. This is a statement of fact. Not a subjective opinion. My husband and I are professionals and we did our best to handle this situation in the best possible manner. The next morning, my husband was walking up the stairs, at which time he met the couple as they were preparing to leave the room. At that point the reviewer confronted my husband shouting. "We didn't do anything wrong, there is something wrong with the tub and you better get it fixed."

In response, my husband assured her that there was nothing wrong with tub, and that the only way for water to leak through the ceiling below is for someone to splash and flood considerable amounts of water over the side of the tub. The reviewer insisted that they had done nothing wrong, and that the tub must have a leak. Please note, the tub in the question is a new tub, as well as the construction of the Angel at Rose Hall. Once again the statement regarding a leak in the tub is not a subject opinion but a false statement on the part of the reviewer.

In response, my husband removed the front panel to the Jacuzzi tub in order to show the couple that even if the tub was leaking, it could not have been the source of the damage to the ceiling below.
The tub sits on a large metal waterproof pan/liner that prevents any water from escaping in the event of a leak. Upon seeing the entire area beneath the tub was bone dry the reviewer began crying hysterically, repeating over and over again "We didn't do anything wrong, the tub is defective and you better get it fixed," and "I'm not paying for any damage." In an attempt to get her to calm her down, my husband told her that he was not accusing her of anything, but was only trying to show her that there was nothing wrong with the tub. Never did my husband say “It is Ok, we won’t charge you” as stated by the reviewer.

This is a crazy, false statement on the part of the reviewer. Once again this is not a subjective opinion but a false statement on the part of the reviewer.

He also pointed out to her that many couples had used the tub without incident, and that the only problem that we had ever had was with a young couple who had over filled the tub, splashed and flooded a considerable amount of water over the side of the tub. The reviewer then left the room and ran outside. At that point the reviewers husband apologized for what they had done. Suffice it to say, that the reviewer account of events is a fabrication concocted in an attempt to absolve herself of responsibility for the damage she caused.

Fact: Subsequent to the incident in question no less than 75 couples have used the Jacuzzi in question without any problems.

Fact: The very young reviewer and her new husband "Miss Used" the heart shaped Jacuzzi tub in my guest room. The reviewer has no evidence to support her outrageous claim that the tub in the guest room that she and her husband shared had a leak.

Fact: The young couple did not simply bath in the tub as it was designed.

Fact: The couple did not follow the verbal and written directions that I provide to them when I checked them into their room. I verbally explained how to property use the tub and showed the couple a copy of our guest information book that included the operation of the Jacuzzi tub.

Fact: The couple over filled the tub.

Fact: In addition the couple did not confine their activities to simple bathing. Enormous amounts of water poured over and out of the tub, Therefore, this leads me to believe that activities other than bathing occurred in that tub.

Fact: Before I became an Innkeeper, I was a practicing Architect, at the very least I do have expert knowledge of the installation of Jacuzzi tubs. As stated in the reply below, the tub in question was properly installed and sits on a large Metal Liner. The reviewer has not proof to support her theory that the tub had a leak and was the cause of water pouring thru the ceiling below. Absent to support her claim are photographs and expert testimony from an Architect or Engineer.

In hind sight, I should have called the local police and had the couple removed from the property.

At this point I am awaiting my day in court. It seems ridiculous to me that I should have to even defend my self against the post of the reviewer. The reviewer should save her ridiculous theory for the judge.

If required I can provide to Tripadvisor, evidence such as photographs of the Jacuzzi tub in question to support my position as well as photos of the damaged ceiling.

Marionville, MO
Reviewed December 17, 2007

My wife and I stayed at the Angel at Rose Hall for our 16th wedding anniversary. Our stay at this wonderful B&B was a real pleasure! The Angel is beautifully decorated with all the amenties that you could wish for. Our room "The Rafael" was spacious and very romantic. The jacuzzi tub was large enough for the both of us to enjoy together and the king size bed was extremely comfortable. Our hosts Susan and Bob were friendly, helpful, and went out of their way to ensure that we had everything we needed for an enjoyable stay. The Breakfasts were top notch and the coffee excellent, we never had to ask for more. We would recommend the Angel to all our friends and family and will definitely be back for future romantic getaways. One last note, the pictures that are currently on the website are nice, but they do not come close to showing the true beauty, spaciousness, and ambience of each room.

• Liked — It was a very romantic atmosphere.
  • Disliked — N/A
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled as a couple
"Show Me" MO
Reviewed October 26, 2007

This was the first vacation my wife and I have had alone in 23+ years. Susan and Bob made us so very comfortable and catered to our every need and desire.
The Breakfast was "top notch" and were offered seconds both mornings. If it's outstanding coffee you desire; Bobs the man. He's also the chef for your breakfast. Our food was delicous and plentiful. Did I mention the coffee? Can't be beaten anywhere!
Our room, the "Angel", was spacious, clean, and comfortable. Thank you Ami for your serving us.
Susan is most hospitable and ready to assist in picture taking and setting up your day of shopping and sightseeing. Quite the Lady of the House!
Our vacation could not have been any better and we look forward to another stay at the "Angel". Our hosts were the best and we look forward to a future stay.

• Liked — Clean; spacious; Hosts
Stayed October 2007, traveled as a couple