“small and old”
Review of Onyx Cave Park

Onyx Cave Park
Reviewed July 19, 2014

This cave has seen it's days long ago. The head sets are not that great, lighting was terrible and price was way too high for what they offered. All the souvenirs were from mexico or some where over seas, I felt this was sad, the souvenirs use to be from that area and everyone sold rocks. Prices were way too high. Was too dark to do any photos

All reviews
in 7 reviews
"path"
in 6 reviews

Reviewed July 12, 2014 via mobile

This isn't what I'd consider a spectacular cave. More of a 'starter' cave to give young children an idea of how caves really do exist. Venture over to Blanchard Springs Caverns if you really want to tour and explore a fantastic cave system.

Reviewed July 4, 2014

It is a cave, it is a self paced tour, when you walk in, they just stare at you with that..."what do you want?" look... So. Asked if they had a cave...they did, I asked about pricing...they told me, pointed to an entrance, then when I started that way, they told me I needed a headset...just had to pry it out of them. Not the best experience from the staff, I felt more like an inconvenience. The cave tour is guided by headsets that are poor in quality, the cave has been altered by the addition of fencing, stairs, and wires. If you like caves, this is probably not the cave for you...if you have never been in a cave, don't let this one be your first.

2  Thank hottoddy88
Reviewed June 30, 2014

It is a very long walk down a steep sidewalk to get to the cave. They give you headphones to listen to information on the cave as you walk through. If you have children this is not for them! It is a very small cave and unless you move at the speed of a turtle you are in and out in less than 15 mins. We were not impressed at all!

2  Thank April_Quinn
See more reviews
Reviewed June 26, 2014

This is the third time I have been to Onyx cave, seems I've gone once every 8 years! It's always fun & interesting and I have learned something new every time I've gone. It would be nice if the headphones were updated to something a big more modern, but that isn't anything that would make me stay away. I would definitely make another trip to visit.