“What an old-fashioned bookstore should be...”
Review of Gazebo Books

Gazebo Books
Reviewed January 10, 2013

Gazebo is a neat shoebox of a bookstore with a little bit of everything in it. It recalls the private bookstores I went to as a kid. The proprietor apparently rubs some people the wrong way, but she iwas extremely knowledgeable and made good recommendations for further reading on my subject even though she didn't have the particular book I was looking for right then and didn't get the sale. I think it says volumes as to what kind of a person she is. You won't get service like hers at a "big box" bookstore/retailer, online or in person. Check Gazebo out and I think you'll agree.

5  Thank wessodog

Reviewed November 30, 2012

just a helpful staff and a nice place no pressure, but its always a good thing to get to that area much to do and everywhere you go people are happy...we love it there

6  Thank Kimberly h
Reviewed October 31, 2012

We have been visiting Gazebo Books for years. The lady who runs the store has certain views regarding politics and decorum which apparently do not sit well with a number of reviewers. Yes, she is a liberal. Yes, she expects people to act in a civil manner while inside the store, which would include not slurping on oversized drinks, not using cell phones to check out the Amazon prices for her merchandise -- in short, behaving decently. I have never visited this store without finding at least two books that I could not have found anywhere else. Browsing in a locally-owned bookstore may someday be considered a pleasure from a bygone era -- the owner of this shop is doing everything in her power to stave off extinction. Stay away if you don't agree with the sensibility you find here, but (dare I say it?) don't criticize what you can't understand.

6  Thank John K
Reviewed October 12, 2012

One rude lady was the staff. Would never go back. When I tried to open the door it wod not open. She opens the door and says I should have known it opens to the in side. Not a big deal, except that I had tried that to. Mobile phone call from group of travelers I was with. When I tried to tell the the location she comes up and says I have to take the call outside.

Now if I hass been yapping away in a conversation that would be one thing but I was quietly trying to give directions to others on how to get there.

I ddi not see anything interesting about the place that could not be found in any other used book shop in NW Arkansas. Bland selection and rude keepers.

9  Thank Pbunwithuan