“CATFISH CATFISH CATFISH”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Anglers Grill - CLOSED

Anglers Grill
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood, Pub
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Kids, Dining on a budget, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Fort Scott, Kansas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“CATFISH CATFISH CATFISH”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

They have all you can eat catfish and it is the best all around. My husband waits for vacation each year just to go back to Anglers Grill. And there BLTs and salads are really good as well.

Visited August 2013

Winnfield, Louisiana
“1st Class All The Way!!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2013

Our second day in Eureka Springs, we decided to give Angler's Grill a try. We had a horrid experience the night before at a catfish restaurant on the other end of town, so we were a bit hesitant about fish or seafood. We were greeted by a phenomenal staff and, when placing our order, expressed our concern about the fish. I decided to go with the buffalo chicken sub because I wanted to stay with a light meal and eat a larger meal later. When my order was delivered, the owner came out and personally gave us an extra tray of his catfish just so we could try it. The catfish was INCREDIBLE... and being from Louisiana, when I compliment fish or seafood, I know what I'm talking about. Well, back to my order, I received my buffalo chicken sub and it was HUGE. Based on the price, I had just expected it to be smaller. Well, no problem, I could still have a light lunch, just don't eat it all. When I tasted that sandwich, stopping before completion was not an option, it tasted great. So, upon leaving, my plate was empty, my stomach was stuffed, and I didn't eat again the rest of the day. The next time we visit Eureka Springs, Angler's Grill will be our first stop.

• Visited August 2013
Fenton, Missouri
“Great food, excellent staff and service.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2013

We camp at Beaver lake every year for at least a week at a time and look forward to it not just because the lake is gorgeous but because I do not have to do a lot of cooking...thanks to Anglers! There has not been one meal that we have not truly enjoyed. The menu has a great selection, with large portions and we love the weekly specials. Being from out of state, we always make it a point to ask the local folk where they like to dine out and Anglers is usually the first one named. Thanks to Steve and his crew for making our vacations special.

• Visited July 2013
Lawrence, Kansas
“Very friendly staff and very good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2013

Our party of four visited Angler's twice during our vacation in June, 2013 because it was close to our cabins BUT also because it had been recommended by a few locals. Although the menus were fairly standard (I wish they had a signature dish), the food was prepared very well, the drink choices were great, and the restaurant was pleasant. The two waitresses who took our orders were attentive, delightful, professional and friendly and seemed to enjoy my sense of humor (heck, I was on vacation and, yes, I was not tipsy. *smile*). I would recommend Angler's for all of these things.

• Visited June 2013
Kansas
“Great atmosphere, live music and good coconut shrimp!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

coconut shrimp is delicious here. The chicken strip basked my husband had was about more than anyone can eat. We dined outside and they had live music that was really pretty good. Our servers did a great job. We enjoyed the atmosphere as much as the dinner. It is a very casual place and prices are pretty good also. If you are looking for good fish, shrimp or chicken this is a good place to be!

• Visited July 2013