“Will not be back!” 3 of 5 stars

Travelers Inn
Ranked #35 of 37 Hotels in Eureka Springs
“Will not be back!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

The location is great, close to everything. However, I was very disappointed with the cleanliness of the rooms. My sheets were stained, and my extra blanket had holes in it. I asked for an extra set of sheets, and when I got back to the room to put them on I discovered they were stained too. The pool was still open, but totally green, you couldn't even see the bottom. Ice machine didn't work either. This hotel needs some major updates! I would not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2012
2 Thank kmt08

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Athens, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

Me and my wife stayed on the night of 6/16/2012. We started in our first room and upon entering the room the overwhelming smell of cat urine or mold was present. Also the towels had hair on them and looked as if they hadn't been washed. I called the front desk and spoke with the employee on duty at 2145 hrs when we called. He then began to make excuses about the smell was because we were close to the road (there was no road in sight) he also alleged that they had just fired two janitorial staff members earlier in the day. The dead bolt on this first room had a key broken off in the lock and i was able to operate with my vehicle key. He came to our room and told us that another room was available. So we moved there and the smell was only slightly better and in addition to the smell there were numerous spiders in the room. I am not nor was I expecting the ritz but for $72 I expect something clean and comfortable to lay my head. I have stayed at America's Best Value Inns before and was very pleased but this location has me very disappointed and frankly it makes the entire chain look bad.

Room Tip: Dont stay here, Choose somewhere else to stay.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank bcannon87

Travelers are raving about these Eureka Springs hotels

Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2012

Have stayed here at leat ten times in past 15 years and since changing ownership a few years ago it has gradually run down to the point that we will not stay here again. Bathtub drain was very slow which makes for a creepy shower experience.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Roger1322
Fayetteville, AR
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2011

After reading the glowing reviews of this place, we were pretty shocked to walk into such a dirty room. I won't go into too much detail, but it was really dirty and we're not clean freaks by any means. The comforter AND the sheets had dried food (I hope that's what it was) all over them and there were dead bugs and cobwebs everywhere. Food wrappers in not one, but all the drawers including a half eaten package of Oreos. Even worse, the bathroom smelled of urine. I could go on...I know it's "Not the Ritz" as some have stated, but they can at least clean the sheets and vacuum. I guess the staff was as nice any other staff we've encountered on the road (why wouldn't they be?). We only saw them at check-in and they were friendly, but this did not make up for the lack of cleanliness. We couldn't wait to leave. It wasn't worth the $50 a night that we pd. There are other cheaper and cleaner options in Eureka.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Okra876
rosad r, Manager at Travelers Inn, responded to this review, November 30, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your stay at our property.Sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you felt you experienced with us.There is never an excuse for providing anything less than great service. All claims against this property will be further investigated and corrected where necessary.I hope you will give us another opportunity to service your future lodging needs.
Conroe, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2011

My husband and myself went to Eureka Springs Ar because we are ghost chasers and they have the most haunted motel in America there.When we saw howmuch that hotel wanted per night we decided to go to a discount motel and use the money we saved on attractions.This motel was nothing special,It was clean and had a wonderful location.What we really liked the best was the fact that when we checked in there was a clerk by the name of Rosco,I don't know if he was the owner but he treated us like he knew us for years.We stayed for 3 days and really hated leaving because it really felt like we were leaving a loved one behind.I hope that Rosco stays with the motel because he is such an asset.We really enjoyed our vacation.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
4 Thank anita p
Marlboro, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2011

I don't have much to say other then we were treated as we were royalty.From the time we arrived to the time we left.We will be back and really loved the service of the staff.While we were there they were receiving an inspection and they got 5 stars for their service.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Herbert M
kansas city, mo
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2011

I don't think there is enough space to list every problem we had with this motel, but I'll try: I called in July for reservations told the lady the building I wanted that faced the woods(I didn't know exact building #)she said she new and all was well. When I checked in, we were put in a building that faced parking lot(not what I had requested) told the owner, he then put us in that building. We were told by signage, that the room phones don't work(due to lightning strike, waiting on part from Canada???) and hanging in the lobby, was a huge posterboard handwritten sign that said "we do not recommend pizza hut"(kinda trashy IMO)we had NO problems at pizza hut that night for dinner. We open the doors to the room and were instantly greeted with the horrific smell of mildew, mold and musty smell, there were plenty of glade plug-in's trying to mask the smell, I went to turn the air on and realized the knob was missing, so manually I figured the blower out and as soon as it kicked on, dead bugs blew out! Gross! Remote did not work for tv. Could NOT sleep due to smell, so decided we would try to be moved to different rooms in the morning. Once we got up the next morning I noticed my son was itching his leg, I moved the bedding off him and there was a ROACH crawling around! That was the last straw, I knew we had to leave! We had to explain our situation to 3 different people before finally getting a refund, BUT, it wasn't pretty, we were to "blame" because the original rooms they had for us were ok(in their opinion) even though NONE of the rooms should have been like that(IMO)! My mom did lose her temper about everything, I'll admit, but the things this "owner" said to my mother was inexcusable, totally going off on her, telling her to "have a nice life", etc...very unprofessional! As we were waiting for the credit refund we noticed a bottle of vodka on the desk, right in plain sight were they sit. Take what you want from this, and I'm sorry it's so long.

• Stayed October 2011
1 Thank mommymimi
Management1700, Manager at Travelers Inn, responded to this review, October 26, 2011
When the guest checked checked into the hotel, my front desk clerk immediately that the older women of the two, was going to be a problem. We bent over backwards for this women and nothing we could do would of satisfied this guest. We put them in the best rooms we had, and they still insisted on the basement rooms, even after being advised that after the storm sometimes there is a musty smell. When the guest came up the next day and requested a refund we were more than happy to give them their money to spare my staff the older women was causing us. The daughter admits that her mother was upset about everything is the biggest understatement.
Management