Tripadvisor
Isla Blanca
Post
Inbox
Search
All reviews elegance club outdoor jacuzzi finishing touches animation team sky pool growing pains entertainment staff is amazing beautiful resort family section cold pools kids club butler service club section crepe station grilled lobster construction work top shelf
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My family just spent a week at the resort and I can’t say enough good things about the staff. First off being celiac I anticipated struggles in eating but not so. Giovanni and Sebastian were incredible in ensuring my food was not only safe to eat for me but also incredibly delicious. The serving staff and bartenders were amazing as well. Even as the resort became busier, their attention to detail remained.

My daughter loved the kids club! Andy and Abby are wonderful with the kids, by the end of the vacation our daughter was so attached to them.

Cyndi and the pool crew were always there to greet you with a smile, and they did a great job at entertaining.

Upon check in, there was a mix up with a room. Hector and his staff worked quickly to resolve its Guest services were always available to help.

Being a new resort, the staff are working through the growing pains as fast as they can. Some recommendations to improve would be to have all types of wine available at all bars. You can only get a really unpalatable Chardonnay at the bars, except in the restaurants. For the buffet, labelling some foods that are gluten free would be helpful and perhaps free up the chefs a bit. Lastly, I think the pool could use more beds. There seems to be a lot for the adult only section but minimal on the other side.

Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank Flyer310646
MajesticResortsMX, Director General at Majestic Elegance Costa Mujeres, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear Flyer310646,

On behalf of all the staff here at Majestic Elegance Costa Mujeres - All Inclusive, I would like to thank you for having chosen us for your stay at the Mexican Caribbean.

We also thank infinitely for sharing with us, and with future travelers, such wonderful comments about your recent experience in our property. It is a pleasure to know that we have exceeded your expectations and that you enjoyed our beautiful facilities and excellent service from our entire team, who are always focused on providing the best care.

On the other hand, we believe that the only way to achieve the constant improvement, guest satisfaction and quality service that we strive for is by listening carefully to the comments and suggestions of our guests. All your comments will be carefully analyzed to take the appropriate corrective actions in each case and we appreciate this opportunity you have given us to improve.

It is certainly our goal to provide exceptional vacation experiences for all of our guests and we are delighted to see that our team members went above and beyond to ensure that you had a wonderful and memorable stay here with us.

Thank you for your valuable comments and we look forward to welcoming you back to your home-away-from-home here in paradise.

General Manajer

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

if I wite the review at the first 3 days I'll give it 2,5 stars specially with the check in , Check in was not good.at all …the first two rooms they gave us one for twin and the other was very far and hard to reach for someone have a knee problem like my husband then they gave us a room first two days it was full of dust when we turn the AC on , the Resort is okay modern style . It’s new so working out issues still. - possibly a year - away from actually being ready to open. We will not return. our vacation was 2 weeks to celebrate our anniversary and my birthday same time of the Christmas and the new year , Cindy and the animation teams are nice , The food is good ! The music was good for couple of time No activities, no good music and the activates different like Yoga at the pool with Justin and his team ! The place is Nice! 5 stars for the employes there they work very hard like Enrique Garcia from bellboy Roger Ballan Hau Breakfast Server at the Buffet and at the beach Resturant and there were Carlos at the Grill oven he realize that I was looking for something and didn't find so he search at me at the restaurant and brought me the dish rightaway to my table that was good surprised . And there were Giovani At the beach restaurant he is very helpful too the smile always on his face .Thank you sooo much to Angel Pelaez at the Kabuki Resturant he was so helpful when I was sick
Thank you so much you made our vacation much better because I got sick there for 10 days I got diarrhoea without those guys I would left the second day Big thanks to Elina the physic therapist at the Spa she was so amazing and nice person inside and out she did really good job and she was very friendly too .

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank LoulouB84

Dear LoulouB84,

On behalf of all the staff here at Majestic Elegance Costa Mujeres - All Inclusive , I would like to thank you for having chosen us for your stay at the Mexican Caribbean.

We are so glad to know that our staff provided an excellent service.

On the other hand, we believe that the only way to achieve the constant improvement, guest satisfaction and quality service that we strive for is by listening carefully to the comments and suggestions of our guests. All your comments will be carefully analyzed to take the appropriate corrective actions in each case and we appreciate this opportunity you have given us to improve, specially with our Frontdesk team.

Our staff members are truly our greatest asset and you have mentioned so many by name, it is obvious you took the time to get to know everyone, which is usually the basis for a memorable time at any resort.

Thank you so much for sharing your kind words and thoughts about your vacation. We would be honored to welcome you back very soon.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Once landed in Cancun, we were quickly pointed to our shuttle area to head to the resort. It was about a 30 min wait at the shuttle before we got underway but the sun was shining and we weren’t any any schedule! The resort would have been about a 40 min drive but there was a major accident on the narrow road a couple km before the resort. It took an extra hour before any traffic could get moving. The driver was very pleasant and easy to talk to and even had refreshments in the van for us while we waited. When we got to the resort, check in was a breeze. Welcome drinks and snacks as we checked in as well. Our luggage was taken to our room immediately. We then followed with our butler a few minutes after. We were incredibly surprised to find out our room was upgraded to a ocean view plunge pool suite! It was very clean, ac worked perfectly the entire stay, and the view was breathtaking! The resort itself is very nicely laid out. All the finishes throughout were very high end most definitely 5 star worthy. That being said, yes they are only about half finished with the Finishing of the resort. Lots of cleaning, painting, trim fixing, water issues that need to be dealt with but any work being done was from from distracting during our stay. Will be beautiful once all the vegetation matures as well!The food and the drinks are also one of our major raves for this place! Way above anywhere else we have stayed. Amazing variety and loved all the hot grills that were able to make anything you wanted fresh most any time. The staff at this resort were incredible. There was not one negative person we came across from the room service staff, all the way up to the manager. Our butler JD was incredible. Not only responsive, but would actually take time to ask us a couple times a day if there was anything we needed. He also went as far as decorating our room with rose pedals for our anniversary. Allan and Carlo's at the bars were so friendly and we could talk the night away with them! The shows were very entertaining and even with such a small crowd, there did not seem to be any lack of effort in their entertainment. The beach is very nice and huge! They need to get some boardwalks down to the beach as it’s a long walk through sand. I believe that is the plan but in good time. They cleaned the little bit of sea weed that washed up every morning by about 8:00 am and did a great job. They held up the “perk” package we were told we would get as well. The romantic lobster dinner for two was very nice! All in all, no regrets and would love to check this resort out again in a couple years when it’s in full swing!

Room tip: ocean view plunge pool
Date of stay: December 2019
2  Thank travelinmarshalls
MajesticResortsMX, Director General at Majestic Elegance Costa Mujeres, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear travelinmarshalls,

It was so wonderful to read your review of your ANNIVERSARY stay with us at Majestic Elegance Costa Mujeres - All Inclusive.

It really thrills us that you had a wonderful stay and that we were able to achieve one of our main goals, which is to make you feel like royalty.

Likewise, we are honored that you also mentioned your butler JD and we will let him know that you appreciated his service.

We are so pleased to know you enjoyed your stay here at our wonderful resort and that you were able to leave with smiles and fantastic memories. We would love to see you back in the near future.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Warning long post ;but worth reading if you haven’t yet booked or can still cancel

Lobster at the bistro was terrible chewy and black around the edges ,they forgot to ask my order after asking my cousins and walked away for over ten minutes before coming to check on us and I was finally able to order ,they forgot part of my meal also..

Buffet at beak fast was taking away flatware while we were eating ,felt rushed even though there were 20 minutes left before closing .they never brought our water ,food is very limited there and no where near hot ..closer to room temperature.

No champagne upon arrival as advertised

Was told by many Numerous people they did not have the beer we asked for even after we’d had it several times ...

I get were In Mexico but more than half the employees do not know enough English to help or even communicate which has never been a problem at our previous resort.

Housekeeping service is TERRiBLe besides our beds being remade it’s hard rn tell if they come at all !they don’t even clean floors or replenish coffee or shampoo etc unless asked numerous times !

Upon arrival we requested our fridge to have 3 specific beverages and for the the rest to be removed ,it took two days and 5 complaints to finally have this accommodated .

Pool closes at 6 pm ,everyone we’ve asked says there’s no hot tubs and we have not seen any either ..

In room fridge is NOt cold

Snacks are lame (one bag of chips and some peanuts )

Our butler assured us he’d make reservations at the bistro for 7;30..even left us a note on tv saying they were set ..we show up and we’re not on the list !hardly any apologies and it was a huge hassle to get seated and it sorted out ..

We were taking a bath outside and heard something fall ..thought nothing of it ..go inside to look and it was our BATHROOM CEILING..no apology or offer for upgrade,they just sent a repairmen.not to mention our room has many flaws

Only pluses ;good deal since since it’s new and I was able to get better good choices after speaking to the chef personally ,he is very kind and has gone out of his way to accommodate past couple meals ..it is a beautiful resort with so much potential but needs ALOT of improvement ..I think it could get better over time as it is brand new but I recommend spending the extra few hundred and going elsewhere ..other guests I’ve spoke to have complained about several things also ..if you do not come with high expectations,want a great deal you may not be disappointed ,however we are !

Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank Lee G
MajesticResortsMX, Director General at Majestic Elegance Costa Mujeres, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Dear Lee G,

Firstly, I would like to thank you for sharing your experience here on Tripadvisor.

We would like to extend our apologies for any inconvenience you experienced during your stay. Please be assured that we have taken note of all your suggestions and comments regarding the housekeping service, as well as the construction finishes both in your room and in the property in general.

We have also specifically noted your comments regarding your food experience. Please be assured that we take this matter very seriously and is of paramount importance to us as we strive to offer a wide option of restaurants with different variety for our guest’s satisfaction. We have brought this incident to the immediate attention of the Executive Chef for improvement.

Regarding de language, I am very sorry to hear that the level of English proficiency was not to your satisfaction. I would like to assure you that we do provide continuous English courses to our associates throughout the entire resort.

Once again, we are very sorry if we failed to meet your expectations. However, I sincerely hope that you will provide us with an opportunity to redeem ourselves, and prove to you that this experience does not correspond to our service standards, by visiting us again in the not too distant future.

Kind Regards,

Majestic Elegance Costa Mujeres

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

So the resort isn’t fully open yet and sometimes, you can find yourself searching for things to do. Then here comes Cindy! She made the trip that much more enjoyable while getting folks engaged. Bonus, we won a bottle of tequila at Bingo!

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank U7300FYsarab

Dear U7300FYsarab,

First of all, please allow me to thank you personally for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay with us.

Thank you very much for all your praises toward our staff, especially Cindy and our entertainment team. We take such pride in our resort and our staff and it is very important to us that every guest receives this star treatment from our staff.

We will be here, waiting for your next holiday in Majestic Elegance Costa Mujeres to, once again, make your vacation the very best.