We booked this for a special birthday on our way from the ferry in Cherbourg. it is only 30 minutes from the Ferry, and situated in the centre of a charming Normandy village. Due to bad weather, we arrived close to midnight. We had managed to warn them of our late arrival. The manager and another member of staff had waited up for us, and made us feel so welcome. They had a fire burning in the grate and the table set for our dinner. Despite the late hour, they were very welcoming and served us a delicious late supper of local salad, meat and cheese. They never made us feel that we were inconveniencing them even though it was past midnight and were very warm and friendly. They speak excellent English but happily went along with our request to help us with our probably incomprehensible French. We were assigned to "La chambre de la Reine" - a room Queen Victoria slept in . The whole hotel is historic and charming, creaky floorboards only adding to the attractiveness. It was spotlessly clean. It was a lovely way to start our holiday and very special to stay in a chateau. The warmth and hospitality of the welcome was outstanding and well beyond the norm. We'd definitely stay there again. We only regretted having arrived so late and missing the main dinner, as the menu looked very enticing!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Wellcom to the chateau de Bricquebec A natural setting for the chateau de Bricquebec A peaceful image bathed in tranquility,an exceptiona place of dreams for guest who have had ,or will have,the joy of staying there. The chevaliers room"The chateau's restaurant" invites you to taste a cuisine which subtly blends countryside flavours and the chef's secrets ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Hotwire and Evoline ltd so you can book your L'Hostellerie du Chateau reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- l`Hostellerie Du Chateau Hotel Bricquebec
- L'Hostellerie Du Chateau Bricquebec, France - Normandy