The Chateau de Nazelles was our first stop on a two-week tour of France, and it was an enchanting introduction to our trip. Set high on a bluff that overlooks the Loire valley, the rooms of the chateau are discreetly scattered about the large property and its many picturesque nooks. We stayed in a "troglodyte" room, which means part of it is built directly into the stone face of the bluff, but it's hardly primitive. The plumbing was modern, the space generous and the decor what Pottery Barn aspires to. A delightful petite dejeuner was served each morning in the small dining room, and the lovely hostess, Madame Fructus (wife and mother of the family that owns the B&B), usually was there to offer advice and suggestions. It is easily accessible by car to the nearby town of Amboise, with its many brasseries and other attractions, such as the huge Amboise chateau and the Clos Luce, Leonardo da Vinci's last residence. Chateau de Nazelles is highly recommended.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We warmly welcome you to Chateau de Nazelles, an authentic and intimate sixteenth-century manor surrounded by extensive and tranquil grounds. Snuggled on a hillside across the River Loire from Amboise (1.6 miles) and nearby Château de Chenonceau (10 miles), Chateau de Nazelles is ideally situated to visit all the castles of the Loire Valley. Dating back to 1518, residence of the Lords of Nazelles, the chateau, a listed historical monument, was also a wine estate for many centuries. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Chateau de Nazelles Amboise reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chateau De Nazelles Amboise Hotel Nazelles Negron
- Chateau De Nazelles Amboise France/Loire Valley - Nazelles-Negron