“Good place to meat ;-)”

Rafael’s steakhouse & Bar
Ranked #17 of 68 Restaurants in Porvoo
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Description: e-mail: info@rafaels.fi phone: (+358) 19 581 771 facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rafaels-Steakhouse-Bar/152911031457259
Reviewed June 10, 2013

We had a late sunday lunch on the terrace on a beautiful day. We were allowed to take our dog with us (gr8 bonus!). The waiter was polite and patiently (we were with 4 small children) to get organized in our seats. We took some starter salads and garlic bread which were ok. The main courses however (meat) took the meal to a new level. I had fillet of horse and I must admit it was superb (served with choice of side order: veggies of the season, french fries, garlic potatoes or potato wedges).

1  Thank T-toe

Reviewed June 21, 2012

It was literally pot luck. En route back to Helsinki needed lunch and parked up in Porvoo riight outside.
Menu choice was made at the counter and paid for before sitting down. After sitting we could help our selves from the salad bar. After about 10 minutes our freshly cooked food arrived (seen cooking in the open plan kitchen). My steak was good - thick, juicy and good quality. The potato wedges were hot and crispy. Plus some nice vegetables. Enjoyable.

Interior looks quite nice dark colours but airy at the same time. There were one or two tables out side if desired and staff were friendly and helpful.

1  Thank LeylandAtlantean
Reviewed May 2, 2012

Have been there 2-3 times during this spring. I really like the interior and atmosphere which is romantic, efficient and classy. We've had the same waitress everytime and though she was young (a bit under 30), she served us very well. Staff is multilingual and very eager to serve. She checks up on you many times during your stay to check that everything is allright. I have stuck to the same delicious food option: grilled garlic bread skewer for starters and fried salmon with the house mashed potatoes. The garlic bread is crispy and really tasty and the halloumi nicely done. I totally surrender to the salmon main course: the fish is perfectly done, the mash is creamy and I, who doesn't usually like mushrooms, just looove the chanterelle sauce. I am definately recommending this option =D

1  Thank EvelynErika
Reviewed October 3, 2011

One week after the opening we went to have a dinner with our family and friends. We booked our table the day before to early evening.

We were warmly welcomed and guided to our table quite near to children corner. It turned out to be a good decision to our party as our child is three years old. The first impression was that the atmosphere seemed to be warmer and more casual than in the former place Grand Park. The concept could work as well for business dinners as friends evening out.

As we got our menus at least for me it was hard to choose from all the delicious dishes. For the main course I ended up to eat entrecote with potatoes of the house. Two of my friends took different kind of chicken and one took a steak. One thing I was missing from the old place was complete menu with starters, main course and dessert with very good price. Hope that it will find its way to Rafael’s offers also.

As we came a bit later than most of the clients it took a while to have our plates as the cooks were doing their best with the charcoal grill. Our child got his plate earlier than the rest of us. It was wise move from the personnel as he was quite hungry already. Finally as the adults got their dishes the waiting turned out to be worth of every second. The dishes were good sized and full of flavor. Entrecote was perfectly grilled and juicy. Everybody else in the table was silent as they could not say a word while eating their own dishes.

As the main course was so good we ordered some dessert even our stomachs were almost full already. Maybe it was a disappointed as we were already so sated. As the price/value was very positive in main courses it was negative with desserts in total. My friends were not so satisfied with their ice cream portions. Nevertheless I enjoyed my sweet pancakes and could not have eaten anything else on top of that.

In total the atmosphere and main courses were very good. The price of the check was 70 € for two adult main courses and dessert accompanied with a glass of wine as well as child main course with milk and dessert. I think I got really something to my money’s worth.

I’m definitely coming again with colleagues, friends or family. No matter whom I’m with – the concept works for all.

1  Thank armoTon_Provo
Reviewed September 24, 2011

Interior 100% same as it was . waiting staff young and unexperienced but well did they handle house full of clients