“Too Pricey”

Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 12, 2013

Out on the town in Old Porvoo on Sept.7, 2013, we walked down Church Street intending to have dinner at El Alba. Based on reviews in tripadvisor, it sounded like a restaurant for us. The two friends with me, both long-time Porvoo residents, had eaten at El Alba before, the last time about a year ago, and raved about the Spanish food to me, a visitor from Toronto.

We stopped just outside to have a look at the evening's menu and my friends were taken aback by the listed prices of the entrees (which all ranged between 25 to 35 Euros). They exclaimed surprise at the substantial increase in prices from the time of their last visit.

Instead of going in, they told me that there were a number of other excellent restaurants in the city with amazingly good food and more reasonable prices. We ended up going to Khukuri, a nearby Nepalese place (see my recent tripadvisor review)

4  Thank curtiejoe

Reviewed July 30, 2013

Very good lunch! Spicy, tasty, fresh ingredients and reasonable priced. What more can you ask for :)

1  Thank Jari R
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Eat where the locals eat, and look for small, seasonal menus. Add to that a warm, cozy atmospere and you have El Alba. Somehow even the heavy, squeaking entrance door added to the experience and made our dinner an all round experience. The food was tasty, well cooked, beautifully presented and the staff were very friendly.

1  Thank Phelyan S
Reviewed February 7, 2013

This restaurant was tiny. There is only 28 places, so you can get good service. Menu is not very long, but food was good, We were sitting near the oven, so we have warm place to eat in winter time.

Reviewed October 18, 2012

I ended here as part of our business trip to Porvoo, in the rainy evening, feet cold and darkness around. This tiny and warm restaurant really melt my heart! And creme brulee melt my mouth, it was the best I have ever had! I totally recommend this place if you want intimacy, something special and still professional. Warm place with nice staff!