“Quality and local flavor”
Review of Kolvig

Kolvig
Ranked #4 of 35 Restaurants in Ribe
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

I was pleasantly surprised by Kolvig. I had the local tapas and everything was really fresh. The flavors ranged from delicate to bold and the combinations were very appealing. It was great to see so many local items in the plate. My wife had the potato and leek soup, which was divine. Before we went in I thought it was a tad expensive but I think it was worth every penny.

1  Thank Kannuck72

Reviewed August 7, 2013

Stopped off for lunch here after wandering around Ribe. The location is wonderful, overlooking the river with blankets supplied in case it gets a little chilly.

I had shrimps - excellent. Amazing flavour, lots of them and locally caught. My partner had soup, it was creamy and hearty. The service was efficient with diners being served in strict rotation, so no queue jumping.

The cost was about £35, a little pricey but thats what happens in tourist spots.

Reviewed July 19, 2013

Gourmet food at reasonable prices, and Ribe is beautyful. We had two courses, four persons at 1400 D. Kr. Around 200 dollars all together. Not much in DK when it is gourmet food.

Reviewed May 9, 2013

This restaurant has a fantastic location with friendly staff and the meal started out well. The bread, wine and vegetables were all excellent but the main course of local lamb was a disaster. There were 2 very small pieces each about 50mm dia and 5mm thick and both all were so tough they were hard to cut even with a knife. The Lamb was served on a bed of lamb stew and rhubarb compote. The stew tasted ok but was so glutinous with thickening as to feel slimy and the compote, which constituted nearly half the meal smelt so heavily of vinegar it made your eyes water! The biggest problem was that even if the produce ad been of good quality, the dish was so badly conceived/balanced that it would still have been awful.

We complained politely to the waitress who said she would tell the chief but said no more. I left most of my meal but the wife was so hungry, she ate all of it. After we had sent out plates back we were offered a free coffee in lieu of our poor meal. Had we have been back home I'd have sent the whole thing back but it was our second day in Denmark and I didn't feel like making a fuss. The coffee was pretty poor and we left without dessert but still had to stump up £100 for the 2 of us.

Reviewed August 3, 2012

The food was tasty, although not too memorable. However, our experience was marred by staff who clearly did not appreciate children in their establishment, even when the restaurant was almost empty at 5 pm. For a place that wishes to be the best in Ribe, I found their attention to the children's menu lacking, much different from the great children's menu at Hotel Dagmar. The huge portion of spaghetti bolognese on the children's menu tasted more of ketchup than bolognese. The Vadehavs Tapas was nice though, and the fish of the day was also attractively prepared and tasted good. The veal was nice enough, although the cold potato side was very cold and would best have been served slightly heated. The Creme Catalane was nice enough, although not too memorable. The locally brewed special edition Vadehavs beer from Ribe Bryghus was excellent. Our experience was sadly marred by the inattentiveness of staff and the clear priority given to guests without children, which meant that we received funny looks while the loud adults at the next table was not a problem, our food arrived later than that of guests that clearly ordered after us, and we had to chase down the staff in order to ask for more drinks and to pay the bill. Our experience at Hotel Dagmar's restaurant was quite different!

1  Thank luckyluke24