Hotel Catalunya
Petit Hotel(Pas de la Casa)(Great Value!)
$72
  • Bar/Lounge
Solaris Apartments(Pas de la Casa)
$38
  • Restaurant
Hotel Cal Ruiz(Pas de la Casa)
$35
$34
  • Restaurant
Hotel Casado(Pas de la Casa)
TripAdvisor
  • Room Service
Font D'Argent Hotel(Pas de la Casa)
  • Restaurant
Magic Pas Hotel(Pas de la Casa)
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Guineu(Pas de la Casa)
  • Restaurant
Caribou Hotel(Pas de la Casa)
  • Breakfast included
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed February 8, 2007

Myself & my girlfriend have just returned from a weeks stay at the Catalunya & like a previous review i kept an open mind until I had experienced it for myself. I have to say please heed the warnings that have been written, they are an accurate account of the hotel. Firstly the hotel is in fact a hostel with small on-suite rooms instead of dorms. The rooms themselves are very basic but clean. You get exactly what you are paying for. Secondly the food didn't look too bad but we chose to eat out instead, Although some of the local resturants aren't that great either. The main point is the noise. We stayed on the 1st floor (room 111) directly above the dinning hall & two floors above the bar. Unless you were drunk (& thankfully for nights 1 & 2 this was the case) sleep was not possible until the bar closed & everyone had crashed after coming in from clubbing. Unlike a sun holiday this would not usually be a problem as you can sleep in but as most people are up early for skiing the sleepless nights take their toll. Overall this hotel is not a bargin you are getting exactly what you pay for. Me, I think it's worth paying a fews pounds extra for those extra zzz's

• Stayed: February 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
3  Thank RichKrt
Reviewed February 3, 2007

So you have read the reviews about the walls being paper thin. I have just ended a weeks stay at the Catalunya. Yes the hotel can be a little noisy, but what can you expect for a large hotel in the middle of Ibiza on snow. Just make the most of friendlty staff, and a great atmosphere, if you want to let your hair down and enjoy it. The rooms are basic but clean and tidy, the food was a god send after a long day on the slopes.

Stayed: February 2007
2  Thank bopperUk
Reviewed January 23, 2007

When we booked the holiday it was cheap and cheerful and thats all we wanted. I had read a couple of review and thought i wouldn't pass judgement until i got there!!

When we arrived at the hotel check in was relatively easy and the room was clean, but basic which we expected. We went to dinner on the first night and forund there to be a large enough choice of food all of which was good.

The first two nights we got drunk and so passed out and didn't hear any noise at all. However for the reast of the week we were lucky to get three hours a night. The noise is horrendous!!!! The bar downstairs that caters for the locals is open until 3AM every night and the hotel is built directly upon it, and the walls are paper thin. When we went downstairs to request thay they turn the music down nothing was done about it. We were lucky the week when we stayed there were only 45 guests i would hate to imagine what it would be like at full capacity.

Apart from the noise the hotel is not too bad....................the location is brilliant, the food is edible and the atmospherwe is warm and friendly............until you ask them to turn the music down!!

Stayed: January 2007
1  Thank K8L1N
A TripAdvisor Member
Northwest England
Reviewed March 29, 2006

We have just returned from a last minute snow deal staying at the Hotel Catalunya. I must admit I wasnt looking forward to the accomodation, only the opportunity to catch another week on the slopes. Admittedly the room was very basic, with the decor not the most up to date but it was clean and comfortable - your bed was made each day along with a change of towels and your bedding was changed once during your weeks stay. We were on the first floor and after reading other reviews I was expecting very little sleep, however the noise was not as bad as expected and we did manage to get a fairly decent sleep each night. I do however think that it depends on what guests are on your floor as some people on the fourth floor did say it was a little noiser than others. The buffet style breakfast and dinner was good, the food was basic but very edible with a variety of dishes each night for dinner. The hotel is situated 2 minutes from the slopes so it is excellent for those of us who dont like carrying our skis or boards too far! All in all the staff, including Juan the bar man, were very friendly and as a budget 2 star rated hotel I dont think it was that bad at all.

• Stayed: March 2006
5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
London, UK
Reviewed March 9, 2006

This is easily one of the worst hotels I have ever stayed in. Frankly I have stayed in better hostels. Are there any positives? Well, the room was reasonably clean (though mould was present on the walls) and the staff were very friendly. Oh and it has good access to the slopes.

The downsides? Too many to mention, though I'll give a brief selection. The hotel is noisy; luckily we were on the top floor as I doubt we would have had any sleep were it not for this. I fail to see how people on the lower flowers could get any rest whatsoever. The rooms are very small; 3 of us were crammed into a space that was possibly fit for two.

The food is practically inedible. We had to eat out every night (adding cost to the trip) as a result of this. I doubt anyone who stayed at the Hotel would have produced worse food than the 'chef' there. It was truly disgusting.

As for Pas de la Casa, its a decent enough town. The bars are OK, though they have a bit of a benidorm feel and the resteraunts managable but not great. The skiing itself is excellent on the other hand. Not a huge number of very long runs but a massive area to explore and pretty good snow. I'd recommend Andorra for this reason alone, but not the Hotel Catalunya and maybe a different resort than Pas.

• Stayed: March 2006