“Great choice in Pas”

Ranked #11 of 33 Hotels in Pas de la Casa
Madrid, Spain
“Great choice in Pas”
Reviewed December 28, 2013

This was our second year in this hotel and there will probably be a third one. Helpful and warm staff both at the front desk and in the restaurant. Great location for skiers. Well-maintained premises.

Only two suggestions: please stop using those plastic covers for the mattresses (cotton works the same) and secondly, how about specifiying what kind of room are you getting at the time of booking? Some rooms look at the inner yard while most of them look at the street, some of the them have a balcon, others are at the penthouse. It would be great to choose beforehand and avoid disappointments at the time of arrival. This could be done on a first-come first-served basis.

This year we noticed cutbacks on the restaurant. Breakfast is fine but dinner is ... well, it is food to keep you going. Anyway it's great you don't have to worry about gaining weight because you won't be tempted.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank HanschenKlein

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
  • Polish first
Bridgnorth, Shropshire
Reviewed November 2, 2013

Lovely hotel, comfortable and warm, just what we needed after a day on the slopes. The small pool and sauna were also perfect to tone and relax our tired muscles. The rooms are spacious and adequate and we could choose from a list of popular DVDs to watch in our room. The après ski in the main lounge area was pretty sensible and perfect for families with younger children. Located very close to the slopes, and a short walk to more lively nightlife and town centre. Probably the most expensive Pas hotel but in my humble opinion, the best.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with an outside window, the inner rooms are ok but quite dark.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Vicky90
London
Reviewed June 3, 2013

My partner and I stayed at the Hotel Himalaia in Pas de la Casa for a week from the 3rd February 2013.
This was my 3rd trip to Pas and this was by far the best hotel I have stayed in here. It was clean, friendly and the food was good. There is free wifi available (just ask reception for the code) and the spa is very good and kept clean (towels are availbe at the spa for 1Euro which is charged to your room, alternative is to take a towel from the room with you, swimming caps are also required).
I don't think previous comments of the hotel being shabby are valid. You have to remember that this is a ski resort and the hotels do get well used.
There is a garage under the hotel which you can access from the side, with ski lockers (you have to pay a 10Euro deposit for a padlock, or take your own). The hotel is a minute walk from the slopes, practically ski in ski out (if there is enough snow on the road).
The room did get a little hot at times, but there is a thermostat so you can adjust it to suit. Better to be too warm than too cold though! The beds are a little hard, but most hotel beds aren't all that comfortable (they are never going to be like your own bed!)
Over all a very good hotel and very good value for money. We would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Nina H
Reviewed March 25, 2013

I booked this hotel as it seemed on paper to have it all. Pool, Sauna, jacuzzi, good location to the slopes. I am just home (march 2013) from one week in this hotel and I rarely write a review but felt I should update trip advisor as I strongly disagree with a lot of the reviews on here. It was booked for a very special occasion and on booking I asked for a nice view or the best they could do, we got to look at a concrete wall for the duration of our stay without as much as fresh air! That was the start.

The room was clean but that was it, it was small and very dated.
The pool area was again very small and dated with tiles missing.
We were booked half board, we ate in the hotel once and once was enough!

In summary I have been skiing quite a few times and wanted a bit extra out of my hotel this time, which unfortunately we didn't get. There is noway this hotel is 4star!!!I certainly will not back to hotel Himilaia!

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank Rw49
England
Reviewed March 23, 2013

I stayed here Feb 2013. I really enjoyed my stay. I would describe it as a lovely friendly relaxed hotel, with the atmosphere of an adult hostel, it's really quite unusual in that sense. There is a hot tub and small pool, which are great after a days' snowboarding. The food is a good, there is a chef who can cook you fresh omelettes in the morning and sometimes steak in the evening. It's a five min down hill walk to the slopes. It's one of the better places to stay in Pas de le casa - which is essentially a party town. The location is quiet, you won't get woken up by drunks - but possibly by the odd snow tractor lol.

Room Tip: I'd avoid the top floor, because you don't get proper windows (just velux, which if it snows...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
England
Reviewed March 17, 2013

We have just returned from 1 week 3rd to 10th March.
This hotel was fantastic. When we got there we were not happy with our room. The manager moved us with no fuss. Room was huge (406). Hotel lovely and warm. Hot water all the time. Good shower and very powerful.
Food was excellent in my opinion. You couldn't have asked for anymore choice. We loved the buffet style. Very unusual for a ski hotel.
The egg man in the morning does need to smile a little bit more. He really is miserable which stands out as everybody else is so lovely and friendly.
The first 3 days was cloudy and I've never known so much snow which made for fantastic skiing.
One of the best weeks we have ever had all round. We will be back next year and really wanted to stay another week.
Pas is a great resort with good bars and on happy hour is good prices.

Room Tip: Top floors.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank EKR2009
Basingstoke
Reviewed March 15, 2013

I travelled here with a group of guys for a ski holiday. The Hotel is generally quite basic but is kept clean and is well run. It has all of the facilities that one would expect but none of them are amazing but are adequate for a ski holiday in that you are not as reliant on the facilities. The staffs were all good and happy and pleased to help. The breakfast was good in general with a good selection for most tastes and plenty of it. For me the egg chef was great with good omelettes or fried eggs on the go all the time. On the continental side there was everything you would hope for along with a good selection of breads and rolls. The dinner was not as good in that although there was a lot of selection nothing was ever that good apart from the soups. The dinner choices were at best mediocre I would say. The staff in the restaurant were good though and happy to help. The rooms were not too bad in size for a ski hotel with plenty of hanging space and cupboards which is just what you need. The decor was dated but the rooms functioned well in general and the daily cleaning standards were good. The shower itself was good but the screen was at the wrong end of the bath and even when you tried to tuck yourself in the corner the bathroom still got wet. A Shower curtain would have worked a lot better in my eyes but the continentals seem to have different ideas on these things. On the plus side the bath was fairly long and deep and I did have a good soak on a couple of nights so all in all not too bad really. Our room was situated on the top floor so were in the roof space effectively so I am not sure how our room compared in size to any others other that my friend's which all seemed to be around the same size. The TV was old fashioned with only one English speaking channel, that being CNN. There are two lifts in the hotel and this seemed to be sufficient for the number of people in the hotel so no complaints there. The spa area was not too bad although the Jacuzzi was not hot enough really and I would not recommend the massage there. She was very pleasant but it did not seem to hit the spot with those aching limbs after skiing. It was more of a relaxing massage than a sports one as such. Finally the bar area. This is quite good in size and good for a pre dinner drink but is not an après ski bar as such. The prices there are reasonable. In summary I would say that the hotel met expectations but did not exceed them so it is worth what we paid. One thing to bear in mind is that although it is based close to the ski slope (50 yards walk) it is at the top of town so it was always an uphill walk coming back at the end of the day or night. I would think that the middle of town, where the lifts start, would be better placed if you have the choice. The town is on a hillside so everywhere is either up or down so in the middle is best I feel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends