All reviews free drinks ski boots min walk stag group early flight breakfast and dinner nice budget hotel profiteroles snow board stayed here for a week half term bus stop restaurant area buffet style clean hotel large group hard days skiing
Selected filters
Reviewed February 7, 2019 via mobile

This hotel is not trying to win any awards. It ticks the basics. Staff don't speak much English so obviously it's always short and sweet.

Breakfast- large and a big variety. Set me up for a full day on the slopes.

Rooms - basic, clean and very warm. A kettle in the room would have been one of the things I expected and we didn't have.

Location - 5/10 min walk. I wouldn't carry my gear as it's too far but we rented lockers beside the lifts.

Negatives - the walls a paper thin so can hear the guy next door cough. The bar also serves to late so the noise from there goes on till the early hours.

Get what you pay for.

Date of stay: February 2019
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed January 26, 2019 via mobile

Stayed here for one week with partner on a snow board holiday. Found the check in easy and friendly. The room was comfortable, warm and clean! The bed was very comfy with room underneath to put your bags/ cases. The bathroom was spotless and the shower was hot regardless if what time it was used.
The best bit of the stay was the food. Both my partner and I enjoyed a range of food from fresh salads, fish, chicken, potato skins, various vegetables and soup! However the best part was the delicious deserts on offer every night. The filling in the profiteroles was amazing. (I had them every night). There was something to suit everyone's taste. In fact the choice was excellent! Hence I need to diet when I get home!!
We both found the staff friendly and helpful and the happy hour at the bar is great value. 2 pints of San Miguel for 3euros 50!
The only thing that would improve the experience is the addition of a few coat hooks in the room for your ski clothes.
All in all a great stay, great value for money and would definitely return!

Date of stay: January 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 22, 2019

I was very pleasantly surprised on arrival at the Cal Ruiz, pleasant and friendly staff, amazing food and loads of choice (thank you to the chef). Every evening was an array of dishes you could choose from, I wished I could have eaten about 3 dinners and I indeed my son and his friends did. Very different from what you read on previous reviews. Breakfast too was lovely, there was nothing missing and a great choice to set you up for the slopes. We were a large group and found the staff to be very friendly and accommodating. The ladies in the restaurant area working very hard to keep the tables clean and tidy. All in all we had a great holiday, even had a packed breakfast to take with us for our early flight. The rooms are basic but clean and showers hot. We made us of the storage facilities in Pas 38 as this saved lugging heaving gear up to the slopes everyday. I would definitely return. We had very good value for money. My only moan is that the jacuzzi area could be open throughout the afternoon so those who want time off from the slopes can use it. Thank you to the Team at Pal Ruiz for looking after us for the week.

Room tip: Higher floor rooms away from the Bar Area
Date of stay: January 2019
1  Thank Superskiers
Reviewed January 21, 2019

I stayed at this hotel with a friend last March as part of Neilson boarding hotel. Yes it's basic, but you get what you pay for. The food was perfectly edible, good selection at both breakfast and evening dinner, and you can keep going back for more!
We had absolutely NO ISSUES with the staff who were very friendly and attentive. Infact we were given so many free drinks by the barman it saved us a fortune, if you treat them with respect and are polite, that is how they treat you. Perhaps the group of 19 who complain about this hotel so much could take note.
I was there at the same time as this group and they were a loud swearing bunch of idiots, no wonder they didn't receive very attentive service.

Date of stay: March 2018
1  Thank Fredhew
Reviewed January 3, 2019

Very quickly they couldn't find my booking on arrival using my surname or the fact I had booked via Hotels.com. Refused to look on the computer and I was asked to produce my booking. It was as if they thought I was lying. The rooms were ok and value for money was decent. Service however, was the main let down. Grumpy and rude. When asked for a vodka and tonic we were told "no". No explanation, just no. Everything seemed like a chore. Lastly, the food in the evening was almost inedible. I would recommend eating out. Breakfast more bearable.

Date of stay: December 2018