My husband and I visited Tzam Poc in February 2012 and we were enchanted by it. It is the most beautiful, unique hotel I have ever visited and the service was impeccable. We were in a gorgeous villa with a kitchen and the chef delivered our dinner every afternoon for us to warm when we were ready to eat. The food was incredible. The grounds are meticulously kept by a very kind groundskeeper. Every aspect of the hotel was designed by its proprietor, Lucio and the place is dripping with style and beauty. The infinity pool overlooking Lake Atitlan, accompanied by the hot tub which also overlooks the lake is perhaps the most incredible aspect of the hotel. Additionally special is breakfast-- set at a large outdoor table overlooking the lake, with a lattice dripping with gorgeous flowers and hummingbirds overhead. Lucio was very helpful in helping us decide which adventures we wanted to explore around Lake Atitlan. The setting of Lake Atitlan itself is a thing of breathtaking beauty, but having spent 5 weeks at various locations around the Lake, Tzam Poc was my favorite place by far.
Having read one of the other reviews for this hotel, I think it is important to stress that this is not a typical hotel. The driveway is extremely steep, and our taxi had to stop half way up. So it is best to plan to walk your baggage up the driveway. This is actually true for many places around Lake Atitlan-- it is built on the slopes of volcanoes, so easily portable bags are recommended (I learned this the hard way!) and being in good shape is a plus. Tzam Poc is not the kind of hotel where you are waited on hand and foot throughout the day, as you might find at an all-inclusive resort-- it is more of a bed and breakfast. You are left on your own throughout the day, but the groundskeeper or Lucio is always available for help. However, at breakfast, your every need is anticipated, and dinner is delicious. I believe that for bigger groups, group dinners can be arranged that would be more typical of a restaurant-type dinner.
I highly recommend this hotel for anyone with a sense of adventure and an appreciation of natural beauty and incredible style. Among my world travels, Tzam Poc might be my favorite place to stay. We cannot wait to go back and hope to bring friends next time!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Offering an outdoor pool, Tzampoc Resort is located in Santa Catarina Palopo, right on Atitlan Lake. It features free daily breakfast, plus free Wi-Fi and parking. Each room here boasts bright traditional decor and has a small seating area and a private bathroom. All rooms include stunning views of the lake. At Tzampoc Resort you will find a sauna, jacuzzi and a garden. Restaurants and shops can be found in the neighbouring town of Panajachal, situated 6.5 Km away and accessible by boat. The property can also arrange for a private chef. Guatemala City Centre, where you will find La Aurora International Airport, can be reached in 3 by car. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, Odigeo, Travelocity and Agoda so you can book your Tzam Poc Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tzam Poc Hotel Santa Catarina Palopo
- Tzam Poc Resort Guatemala/Santa Catarina Palopo, Lake Atitlan