We thought the hotel was in a lovely setting with views across to the lake and volcanoes. The rooms were basic but comfortable although there was no safe. There was also no air con or ceiling fan which might be uncomfortable in hotter weather. The breakfast was basic with no buffet. The evening menu was also limited and of average quality. But there was no real alternative. Also the drinks prices were inflated and the staff made errors on the bills.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This Hotel in lake Atitlan is located 5 minutes away from Panajachel, on the shoreline of lake Atitlán, considered one of the most beautiful lakes in the world and surrounded by 3 impressive volcanoes (San Pedro, Tolimán & Atitlán) and 12 Maya-Cackchiquel and Maya-Tzutuhil villages, whose people after centuries, still maintain their traditions, costumes & beliefs The 40 rooms at Villa Santa Catarina Hotel in Lake Atitlán are arranged in 2 buildings of 2 floors each, surrounded by beautiful gardens and magnificient views of Lake Atitlán and the sourrounding mountains. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Despegar.com, Priceline, Agoda, Travelocity, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Villa Santa Catarina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Santa Catarina Hotel Panajachel
- Hotel Santa Catarina
- Villa Santa Catarina Guatemala/Santa Catarina Palopo, Lake Atitlan