Stayed 6 lively nights at the Casa Palopo and was in awe of the decor, the food and the location. The grounds are impecably maintained, the customer service was outstanding from check-in to arranging tours and transportation.
The food was fabulous and I was a bit leary as I had read other reviews. I can not justify any type of comment that was made for too expensive when I enjoyed the meals that I had with a view that was so breathtaking and service that was outstanding.
I viewed all of the guestrooms and they are all beautiful with spectacular views of the lake and volcanoes.
All charges were explained to me in my confirmation so I knew up front what to expect. No surprises,
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Casa Palopó. Perched above spectacular Lake Atitlan with a view of three volcanoes and located in the Guatemalan Highlands, Casa Palopó offers two distinct brands of romantic relaxation for the sophisticated traveler. Choose from the charming and colorful accommodations in the main building, which feature seven spacious rooms decorated with contemporary and indigenous artwork or a more modern outtake in the private villa located above the main building with a private pool, jacuzzi, living room and kitchen. In the main building relax in front of the fireplace in our hotel living room or enjoy a gourmet meal in 6.8 Palopo restaurant, with elegantly set tables in an intimate cluster. On the glassed terrace, additional tables spread along the wide veranda, 6.8 Palopó is the place to catch an uninterrupted view of spectacular sunsets. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your Casa Palopo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Palopo Hotel Santa Catarina Palopo
- Casa Palopo Santa Catarina
- Casa Palopo Guatemala/Santa Catarina Palopo, Lake Atitlan