“High end in Heaven”
Terrace in front of living room
Exterior View of La Casa Colibri Heated plunge Pool with Sauna, Fireplace and Waterfall
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
Exterior View of La Casa Colibri
Heated plunge Pool with Sauna, Fireplace and Waterfall
Swimming pool at sunset..
Living Room
Dining Room at Sunset
Rooftop Hammock Deck
Rooftop Hammock Deck
Terrace in front of dining room
Bedroom #2
Poolside
As seen from gardens...
View outdoor living room/ Games Room
Hallway leading to bedrooms  #3 & 4
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

tinyhappy...
Portsmouth, New Hampshire
“High end in Heaven”
Reviewed February 26, 2018 for a stay in February 2018

My husband and I spent 5 nights in this jaw dropping home situated perfectly to take advantage of the best view of Lake Atitlan. Every morning we were treated to a home cooked meal with fresh salsa, guacamole, tortillas, eggs, banana bread, and a huge fruit platter. We had two massages in our room, showered and then lounged on one of three different spots as there are three separate decks. This house offers tremendous privacy and enough bedrooms to fit five couples comfortably. We had the place to ourselves. We had dinner one night with the owner, David who has lived in Japan and his eye for art and architecture is extraordinary. Meeting David was a highlight of the trip. We are big travelers: Safari in the Serengeti, riding bicycles in Cambodia, Petra, etc. Guatemala was an easy 3 hour flight from Miami and the house was perfectly positioned on the lake to offer both privacy and easy access to the nearby towns. The fee was extremely reasonable, the service exceptional, and experience very romantic. You simply cannot go wrong with choosing this magnificent home to rent.

Borglum
Cedarburg, Wisconsin
“Fantastic house and staff!”
Reviewed July 22, 2017 for a stay in June 2017

We spent 10 days at the hummingbird house and had an amazing time. The house and views are beautiful! Ronnie and all of the helpers and cooks really made this an unforgettable experience. Breakfasts were included and I recommend the dinners which were well worth the additional price. The steep hike/road up to the house is the only negative.

Lauren110...
Porto Alegre, RS
“Paradise”
Reviewed March 8, 2017 for a stay in February 2017
person found this review helpful

That is a amazing place! Its a amazing experience!! the house is very big and confortable, and we did not let that views!!! The lake and volcanos views are wow!!!!!!

lexus1155
san luis obispo CA
“Stunning, Surreal and a great place to re-energize...”
Reviewed March 7, 2017 for a stay in February 2017
person found this review helpful

Casa Colibri and the entire staff are top notch. I take tour groups through Guatemala, Hawaii, Fiji and New Zealand so I have seen my share of properties. The best reviews are the ones that are short but tell you all you need to know. What you need to know concerning Casa Colibri is to just book it, the location, views and staff will take care of the rest !!!! Highly recommended....

josephmcc...
Tbilisi, Georgia
“Unforgettable”
Reviewed February 6, 2017 for a stay in January 2017

This is actually the second time we have stayed at Casa Colibri. To be perfectly honest, we love it. It is the perfect place for a gathering of friends. Both times we have shared the house with a group of good friends. And for a stiutation like that it works perfectly. Up to 5 couples-parties each have their own very private bedroom. Four of the bedrooms have drop dead views of the lake.
Angela is an amazing chef. We so enjoyed wonderful, gourmet dinners served beautifully at the end of a busy day of walking and taking in the lake villages.
And then there is Lake Atitlan, an ever present mystic being, changing colors, moving in strange patterns between the volcanoes.
Highly recommended.

Les O
“Luxury off the beaten path”
Reviewed August 25, 2016 for a stay in July 2016

The view from the house of the lake and surrounding mountain range is breathtaking, your staff attentive, and the accommodations superlative. My wife and I look forward to our next visit to your lovely house.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
KMac8
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“They thought of everything...and the view!!!!!!!!!!!”
Reviewed August 14, 2016 for a stay in July 2016

I have wanted to stay at La Casa Colibri since I saw it for the first time in January of 2015 while visiting Guatemala for work. In full disclosure, I am good friends with the owner. We've known each other for 20 years and both of us have traveled many places and stayed in all kinds of accommodations from dumpy budget to luxurious high life. Once I saw this home that he designed, built, and decorated, I knew that I wanted to organize a group of friends to come down and stay there. So we finally did that last month! The house is so nicely appointed (I call it ethici rustic elegance) at the price point, can suit a family or several families as we were. We have a cook the whole time we were there which took out that decision point from our day-and we ate fabulously well. I loved the details in the home, and I loved how quiet it was. One morning I woke up very early, sat on my balcony and I could hear a man singing in his canoe down on the lake! So peaceful! Besides how amazing the space is, you will appreciate the level of service you receive. David cares deeply about making sure all of your questions are answered (he was always in communication with upcoming visitors), all of the details taken care of-and that your vacation suits you and your style and expectations. As he says, he can arrange a totally hands-off experience OR he can make sure you have assistance in all of your bookings above and beyond the hotel. I have sent many people to David, even just to get recommendations and he always obliges. So what you get here is not only a wonderful home where you can relax, you get a level of caring service you likely won't get many other places. It's a great choice and my friends and I were reluctant to move on with our trip-we could have easily extended our 4-night stay to a week. Or more! Enjoy!

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: the view, the calm, the price
Liked least: nothing to complain of!
Traveling group: Friends
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing