“Delicious (veg, gf, df) food, made with love.”
Review of Il Giardino

Il Giardino
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed January 6, 2013

Loved the food here! First off, the owners are wonderful and very friendly. The food is carefully made, using high quality ingredients. I'm gluten free (and mostly raw when not traveling) and my options here were endless. Raw banana smoothie with freshly made almond milk was a huge treat. For breakfast, they kindly prepared corn (maize) tortillas for me to eat with my huevos rancheros as opposed to wheat tortillas. The meal was incredible. The harissa sauce is probably one of the best I've had! At dinner, I ordered the vegan ceasar salad and pizza on gluten-free crust (maize based) and again - absolutely delicious. Also loved that they had kombucha, free wifi, clean washrooms and a beautiful ambiance. Came here about 3 times during our 6-day stay. Will be back the next time we're in San Marcos. Muchos Gracias :)

1  Thank rhea_ameet

Reviewed December 28, 2012

A great set up and a much needed tasty place to eat in this pretty lake side village. Both Alastair and Michelle really know what they are doing in the hospitality industry.

Reviewed December 27, 2012 via mobile

I ate here a few times and everything was amazing!

The vegetarian burger was so delicious. My boyfriend said that it was so good it nearly made him cry. I also had a vege pie which was awesome!

The service is also excellent and the owners are super friendly. It's has a really nice atmosphere in a garden setting.

Reviewed December 27, 2012

After waiting close to an hour for lunch (veggie burgers and the daily special), the chef came out to apologize and say we would have our food in ten minutes (we were starving). Thirty minutes later the food arrived, one order at a time. While we appreciated that they only charged us half price, it would have been nice if we had been informed when we arrived that the kitchen was having problems. The food itself was pretty good although we wolfed it down we were so starved.

Michelle B, Manager at Il Giardino, responded to this reviewResponded December 31, 2012

Thanks very much for your review. Your opinion counts to us and we are glad you enjoyed the food when we did get it out to you. Again we apologise for your wait. We make all of our sauces breads and fillings by hand and fresh on the day. In your case we made everything fresh for your table as we had sold out of our burger pattie mix and had to make more for you. We will take on your feedback and ensue that any problems which affect our customers dining experience are better communicated. Our goal is to provide fresh, tasty, healthy food in an enjoyable relaxing atmosphere where people come to spend time with friends. We are for the most part more than achieving this goal.
This period between Christmas and New Years has really been a learning curve for us during the day at Il Giardino as it’s the first time we have opened during the day during this period. The night time staff are well use to how busy and fun it gets around here as they have been here for years. You caught us during the day on one of our first really big busy lunch rushes and we regret that we were late with your food but glad you enjoyed it and ate it all up. I hope you continue to enjoy your travels and seek great dining experiences.

Kind regards,
The crew at Il Giardino

Reviewed December 25, 2012

Ok just cos I work there doesn't mean I wasn't a customer nearly every day before I started working there. Seriously, these guys can cook up some mean eggs florentine, veggie burgers, sweet and savoury crepes and a wicked middle eastern platter. I feel like I'm in a cafe in Melbourne again. The raw cacao, almond and fruit smoothies are also a winner. (And I can make you up a great coffee while you use the free wifi) Come in and visit!