“Classic jazz and blues”

Blind Lemon's Restaurant & Cafe
Cuisines: American, Guatemalan, Central American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Constructed in the colonial architectural style with parabolic arches and gardens, Blind Lemon’s reflects the tradition of Guatemala. And set in San Marcos La Laguna, a small Mayan village on Lake Atitlan, surrounded by towering volcanoes, Blind Lemon’s holds out an invitation to travelers who want good food served in a pleasing ambiance.Blind Lemon’s was built by a blues guitarist musician and cabinetmaker who wanted to create a music venue to attract the best in live entertainment, and give value and satisfaction to his customers. The restaurant features weekly Blues Nights, as well as big screen showings of recent Hollywood, documentary, art, and foreign films. We have had theatre presentations and circus performances here as well as a host of wonderful musicians who have played here. We also have a bar and billiards for those so inclined. Blind Lemons also features an wireless internet cafe.The building is large enough to host conferences and workshops and with advanced notice we can serve food for large groups.
Reviewed December 23, 2012

Unfortunately, I didn't really discover Blind Lemon until my last day in San Marcos. Don't make the same mistake! Go there for coffee, food, internet access, movies and to listen to the owner play the blues on his special guitar. It is a beautifully decorated oasis of shade and sanity and the coffee and brownies are delicious!

There are newer reviews for Blind Lemon's Restaurant & Cafe

Reviewed November 15, 2012

About the last thing you’d expect to do in the town of San Marcos, on Lago Atitlán in Guatemala, is to go out and hear great live blues. But we did, and it was one of the most memorable nights we spent in Guatemala. Blind Lemon’s is run by Carlos Funk, who built the attractive, atmospheric restaurant and internet bar, and is a charming and engaging host and an awesome musician and ambassador of the blues. We had a drink and a delicious meal, and the enormous pleasure of sitting and chatting with Carlos and listening to him play for a couple of hours. A table set in a beautiful courtyard under balmy Guatemalan skies, terrific food, great service, and wonderful live music, what more could you ask for? Thanks, Carlos! Sheila and Amelia, Santiago de Chile

Reviewed November 7, 2012

My wife and I vacationed in Guatemala in July 2012. We decided to spend a few days in San Marcos to relax. We ate at Blind Lemon's for lunch out first day. The food and service were great, but the best part was Carlos,the owner. He came and chatted with us for quite a while and made us feel quite welcome. He invited us to come by the next night to listen to the live blues music they have on Friday nights. So, we came back on Friday night, and to our surprise we were the only ones there( it shouldn't be surprising, because it was the off season). This did not stop Carlos. He sat down with us at our table and mesmerized us with the best acoustic blues I have ever heard for about 2 hours! It was awesome! Carlos runs a really cool place Awesome food, unbelievable atmosphere, and wonderful people!!!

Thanks again Carlos!
E and T from Indiana

Reviewed November 6, 2012

Blind Lemon was amazing! Carlos had invited our group for dinner, music and a movie. We ended up using the internet too, which is fast, reliable, and the cheapest in San Marcos! Thefood was amazing, I had the Nachos, and the way I described them to people athome is that they were something I would come back to San Marcos for! Then the brownie, oh my, a thing of wonder! Mouth watering, I had to order milk with it! We were a group of 13 and we ranked up quite a bill. The ladies in the kitchen were so helpful and kind, specially putting up with us all! Carlos played his guitar for us and a couple other travellers that were there, what a talent on the guitar!! Great food, experience, music, service. Not a bad comment!

Reviewed October 24, 2012

We stayed in San Marcos simply to eat at the top two restaurants on Lake Atitlan.Blind Lemon was the number restaurant. The building itself was quite nice and the menu seemed good enough. We ordered two dishes and some drinks. Forty minutes later, after asking the owner, our drinks arrived. 15 minutes after that came my burritos. They had an interesting sauce but the chicken was cooked poorly and was hard/rubbery. I ate slowly waiting for my wife's blackened tilapia to come. When I finished the burrito, the waitress came out with two blackened tilapia's. Apparently we had a failure to communicate. The blackened tilapia was fine, though it was nothing fantastic. This was the off season and perhaps the restaurant was not in full swing. I would be willing to give it another try, but the first time was not a great experience.