“Pretty good for the price”
Review of Hotel Chirripo

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in San Isidro del General
Hotel Chirripo
Reviewed April 19, 2014

This hotel is pretty basic, but a good value for the price. Different sized rooms are available with or without bathroom. I stayed in a double with bathroom in the hallway. Decent size room, with a cable TV, and the bathrooms were pretty clean. Nothing luxurious, but a good getaway if you live in rural Costa Rica!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank jcross01

Reviewed March 3, 2014

This is the perfect place to stay for the budget traveler on their way to or from anywhere in Southern Costa Rica. Hotel Chirripo is centrally located near shops and services in San Isidro, bus station, and roads out of town. However, it was surprisingly quiet as it is set off the street and in a solid building. The staff went out of their way to provide helpful tourist information. The restaurant downstairs is nice and the breakfast buffet is very generous. I have stated there on three different trips and would do so again.

Room Tip: Show up early in the day so there is more selection.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank Gwen L
Reviewed September 17, 2013

We arrived in Perez Zeledon without any place to stay, not knowing anything of the city. Our decision was finally made, as we saw that on of the probably best located hotels in town fitted perfectly to our small budget: 13500 colones for the cheapest twin, which made about 27 dollars for two. The hotel has everything you need, it's very clean, wifi is fast enough for skyping and they have a restaurant downstairs that serves brilliant comida típica.

As the Hotel Chirripó appeared quite basic in the beginning, it turned out to be a special place though, just because of the staff working there. The receptionist helped us heaps organizing a fascinating trip to the Cerro Chirripó, which definitely wouldn't have happened without his help; they gave us loads of travel advice and made possible a unique view into tico lifestyle. At the end of our stay, we felt like home. There's probably just one answer on the friendliness of that hotel's staff: ¡Pura vida!

I strongly recommend that place!!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Daniel W
Reviewed May 24, 2013

I stayed here on the recommendation of a friend, and I'm glad I did. I chose a private room with shared bathrooms. The room, bathrooms, and whole hotel are all very clean. The staff is friendly and helpful. I will pop in here again if my travels take me through San Isidro!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Lybsta
Reviewed May 4, 2013

Recently in Perez Zeledon on business, I chose this hotel because of it's excellent location (faces the Parque Central) and Gated Parking with Security Cameras. The entrance is a little hidden and reception is down a hall, behind window barrier. I was offered my choice of two rooms--one small, clean and neat with a fan, the other larger with A/C and three beds--but kind of weird back corridor location..so I chose the smaller room just off the lobby.. The fan was enough to make the room comfortable and I slept well. The Staff was very accommodating and offered to give me a coupon for my breakfast at a nearby restaurant. The Hotel Chirripo Restaurant is going through a complete remodel and will be out of commission for a period of time. This wasn't convenient, but I enjoyed exploring the downtown area for a breakfast alternative. See Kafe de la Casa. If you want basic, inexpensive accommodations in the middle of town, this is the place!

Room Tip: I asked to see the different room types and was promptly and enthusiastically given a tour of the av...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 2, 2013

Right on the central parque, Hotel Chirripo has freiendly and helpful staff, bright and spotless rooms, with large bathrooms, some with balconies. Sheets are pure white cotton, crisply ironed, pillows are soft. I only wished that the town was more intersting, so that I could have stayed longer.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back are quieter, but those at the front have balconies, and the street noise quietens...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Slept here 1 night. The hotel is located in the (not so pretty) center of San Isidro, very close to the bus station.

I took the renovated room without airco and with private bath. The room was really nice and clean. It was very welcome after spend some days in shared bathrooms and dorms.

The people were very nice and spoke english very well.

Room Tip: I stayed in the renovated room with private bath and fan, which was very nice.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo