I have recently returned from a stay at Monte Azul. I began to write a review, but had to stop as my words did not adequately reflect the experience of Monte Azul. The purpose of my visit was of exploration to write a proposal for participation in their Artist in Residency program. The experience completely changed my original thoughts. I am excited and look forward to my next stay at Monte Azul as well as the initiation of the two bodies of work inspired by the place and staff. The casitas are well appointed and reflect the careful considerations of Carlos and Randy. They are comfortable and elegantly designed to mirror the beautifully landscaped grounds which seamlessly transition to the surrounding rainforest. The artwork in the casitas, the grounds, and Cafe Blue was exceptional. The placement giving each piece the space for focus and distance for restful reflection. Cafe Blue meals were fantastic, beautifully plated, featuring simple, clean combinations that blossomed in complexity across the palette. The staff balances work and friendship creating a family atmosphere while attending to every need of their guest. They are genuine in the interest in the individual guest, but marry this interest by offering and arranging trips to local venues from the conversations held in friendship. During my stay, a newly wed couple arrived and the staff created a private corner of the cafe with potted plant, complimented by candles. I made many new friends, not only with staff members, but with other guest that I will maintain throughout my life. Thanks to everyone at Monte Azul. I have tried refrain from over-describing or naming each person that contributed to my experience of this incredible place to avoid diminishing your visit in any way.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Monte Azul Boutique Hotel is located on a private reserve in the Talamanca region of Costa Rica near the country’s highest point, Chirripó National Park. Equipped with four luxury riverside "casitas" and amenities and activities tailored to any type of traveler, Monte Azul provides an authentic experience for those looking to explore the nature and culture that Costa Rica is renowned for. In its short time, Monte Azul has achieved recognition from organizations like Condé Nast and TripAdvisor for elevating the standard for sustainability and style. About Monte Azul Center for Art and Design: The Monte Azul Center for Art and Design was established in 2005 with the vision of creating a haven where artists could come and express their creative nature while being inspired by the extraordinary beauty and peace of the Costa Rica highlands. The facility hosts select pieces from early and mid-career artists who produce some of the best work in Costa Rica and abroad. In addition to being a unique destination for art lovers and collectors, Monte Azul also offers travelers the opportunity to learn artistic skills like etching, monotyping and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Travelocity so you can book your Monte Azul reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Monte Azul Hotel San Isidro De El General
- Monte Azul Costa Rica/San Isidro De El General