“This is a wonderful hotel, and the best in San Isidro”
Review of La Princesa Hotel

La Princesa Hotel
Reviewed April 7, 2012

This place is by far the best deal for the money out of all the places we stayed in Costa Rica. Ask the manager Billy about the Boruca indians, and you might get to visit his father ranch.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Josiah R

Reviewed March 3, 2012

My husband and I were blown away by this place and the hospitality of Billy and his lovely family. We stayed here for about a week because it was so comfortable. We had been all over CR at this point in our trip and the other places we stayed didn't even compare. What we got was a clean, comfortable, and safe place to stay. However, it was much more than that. Here we felt like we got the most authentic Costa Rican experiences. Billy became our personal tour guide a few times. He took us to Boruca to see the indigenous Indians, to his father’s personal farm high above the village, and all around the surrounding mountains. This was our favorite part of the trip because it was the least touristy it had been since we arrived. It was authentic, beautiful, unique, and a time we will never forget. Words do not adequately express our gratitude to Billy and his family for making our last few days in CR the best!

Room Tip: All the rooms were very clean and comfortable.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Megjohnston1001
Reviewed January 19, 2012

This is a gem if you need to be in the San Isidro area. Small 8 rooms hotel but spotless, really clean and super friendly staff. GREAT hotel, great views, great staff.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank LoveToTravelNJ63
Reviewed August 13, 2011

The hotel manager "Billy" made our trip. I had unfortunately broke my leg at the airport upon arrival. Billy took me to the hospital, interpreted for me as he is fluent in several languages, and helped me manage those critches throughout my trip. I came for a wedding with my teen son. I told Billy while they were casting my leg that I just wanted my son to enjoy the visit. He took my son 4 wheeling on his own vehicles, zip linning, and to the black sand beach. The hotel was also very beautiful and clean. The view is unbelievable and the gardens are breathtaking. This hotel manager takes care of the property and it's visitors like they are his own. He goes far above and beyond the call of duty to make visitors feel at home. He will take good care of you.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank friend024
Reviewed June 13, 2011

My sister and I stayed here as a base to Chirripo and Los Santos for two nights, and it was a wonderful place! Breathtaking view of San Isidro and the valley, immaculate room, and a garden below the rooms with all sorts of awesome bugs for two biology nerds to gush over. Staff were also wonderful and completely bilingual. There is a bit of road noise from the nearby highway, but it was never loud enough to wake us up and I appreciated being close to the highway for travel convenience.

Room Tip: Get a room on the 2nd floor, awesome vistas!
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank ThiefLUPIN
Reviewed February 9, 2011

don't try to find hotel in san isidro, while 4km north (san raphael norte) the best hotel in a radius of 50km is waiting for you. Owner speaks english.
Large clean rooms (without airco, but you don't need it on this altitude) with frige and TV. Large balcony or terras. Try to have room on first floor.
no breakfast available, but free coffee.
super jacuzzi (at additional cost)
great panorama over the town of san Isidro and the valley.Beautifull garden with beautifull birds.
The panamerican Hwy is 200m from the hotel, so sometimes annoying sounds of trucks , exceptional during the night.
40$ per night.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 31, 2010

We stayed here only one night on our way south. We wished we could have stayed longer after arriving. The most notable aspect of this hotel is how clean it is. Not a spot of dirt anywhere to be found. The owner is wonderful and very friendly. The room was very large and had a great view of the valley. There were lots of birds to look at in the garden. The bed was comfortable and the shower was large and excellent. There was a dining table in the room where we ate take-out. There were comfortable chairs on the balcony to watch the sunset. The decor is a bit sparse, but it was so clean I could hardly call this a fault. It's just a few minutes up the hill from San Isidro and it's definitely worth the short trip. There is some road noise, but it quieted down at night. Although it had wifi, we forgot to get the password, so we really couldn't test it.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Best Western Hotel Zima
Best Western Hotel Zima
#4 of 6 in San Isidro del General
Hacienda AltaGracia, Auberge Resorts Collection
Hacienda AltaGracia, Auberge Res...
#1 of 6 in San Isidro del General
Bosque del Tolomuco
Bosque del Tolomuco
#1 of 15 in San Isidro del General
Mirador Valle del General
Mirador Valle del General
#1 of 12 in San Isidro del General

Been to La Princesa Hotel? Share your experiences!