“Great Wakeboarding and Coaching”

FlyZone Wakeboard School
Ranked #2 of 6 things to do in Tilaran
More attraction details
Owner description: FlyZone Costa Rica Wakeboarding is Costa Rica's high-quality wakeboard-tour provider. Wakeboarding is an easy, fun and SAFE adventure for the whole watersports-loving family. FlyZone is based at the perfect location on beautiful Lake Arenal with flat and warm water year-round. Certified teacher with over 10 years experience, a wide range of the latest and greatest equipment and the best wake in Costa Rica! All equipment and instruction is provided.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Activities for young children, Food available for purchase
Reno, Nevada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Wakeboarding and Coaching”
Reviewed November 19, 2013

I spent two days wakeboarding with Sander and Flyzone Costa Rica and it was a fantastic experience. His boat, although older runs great and throws a fantastic sharp wake, allowing me to throw the entire bag of tricks no problem. Sander is an experienced boater who provided valuable insight and offered progressive trick coaching. This allowed me to learn new tricks rapidly at a low impact cost. Sander was constantly adjusting the speed of the boat and rope length depending on what I was working on.
The backdrop of Flyzone is one of a kind. Sander operates his school out of a sheltered bay that offers one of a kind views, and fantastic water, even when the rest of the lake is blowing hard. On my last set with him I was listening to howler monkeys on the shoreline while wakeboarding in warm water and board shorts, in November!
I highly recommend Flyzone for the advanced wakeboarder to the family that wants to learn and spend the day on the water. Sander is a fantastic coach and offers a one of a kind affordable experience in a safe and reliable setting.
Go wakeboard with Flyzone, you will not regret it.

Visited November 2013
1 Thank Stephen C
FlyZoneCR, Owner at FlyZone Wakeboard School, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
Stephen, tuanis mae!
Thank you so much for this great review and for everything! It was a huge pleasure having you here, know that the boat and I are always ready for a set (or a few) with you.
Glad I could add another 3 to the bunch of 'm you already had down. For now enjoy the snow and looking forward to seeing some Delta-pics when summer arrives (almost!).
Cheers buddy!
Sander - FlyZone CR

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Something you shouldn't miss!”
Reviewed August 15, 2013 via mobile

I had the privilege to ride with Sander and Flyzone a few days during my trip in Costa Rica. It was an experience I will never forget! Sander is an incredibly knowledgeable and patient instructor and being out on the lake with him is a guaranteed good time. Furthermore, the wakeboard conditions are truly unbeatable. We were always the only ones on the lake and the surrounding backdrop was breathtaking. Wakeboarding in Lake Arenal with Sander was a definite highlight of my month long trip! I hope to be back sometime in the near future!

Visited August 2013
1 Thank mattwillclar
FlyZoneCR, Owner at FlyZone Wakeboard School, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Thanks Matt! Yeah hope to see you back behind the boat sometime. Nice riding; always great to see people advance so much with just some little tips. It was great meeting you and spending some time with you on our awesome lake. Thanks for riding with FlyZone!
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“The Best Wake Boarding”
Reviewed March 23, 2013

Going to wakeboard with Sander and my family is always the highlight of my time whenever I am back home and I head to Lake Arenal.

Sander is a great instructor, who's patient, knowledgeable, and overall just fun to be around. He's always willing to schedule an awesome wake boarding session at our convenience and when we are there he makes sure that we enjoy ourselves to the fullest. Although conditions in Lake Arenal are usually great for riding, when they are not, Sander finds a way.

Visited January 2013
Mil gracias Gloriana! Always a great time with you and you family. You're right when it's one of those rare days that "our" cove doesn't have perfect conditions there's always butter to be found within a few minutes' drive.
See you soon again on your next trip to CR!
Chesapeake, Virginia
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 122 helpful votes
“Awesome location and instructor. Great wakeboarding!”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

We have booked several Wakeboarding excursions with Sander at Flyzone and it has always been a highlight of our trips to Costa Rica.We love to wakeboard in Virginia but during the winter we go to Costa Rica to enjoy some warm weather and boarding. We have booked twice with another wakeboarding company, Paradise Adventure Costa Rica that also operates on Lake Arenal but had bad experiences both times. Once PACR made us wakeboard in the pouring rain because he said he offers no refunds and made us pay by Western Union before we arrived. Sander not only is an awesome wakeboarder with great instruction skills, but he is also just a really nice guy to ride with. He has helped a couple of my friends who could never get up learn to board with ease. For myself he has helped me take my boarding to the next level and I always remember his tips when I am riding back at home. With all our Flyzone trips we have stayed at the Hotel Puerto San Luis in Tilaran since it is right at the dock and is a great inexpensive hotel with a nice bar and restaurant at night after a long day of boarding. Sander has a nice Ski Nautique boat that throws a good size wake and he knows how to drive to really let you experience a nice pull. The area of the lake where he takes you to board has always been nice and glassy even on pretty windy days so you can be sure that you won’t have to worry about riding on chop. And it has a beautiful backdrop that looks great on video. I highly recommend Flyzone and you won’t be disappointed.

Visited December 2012
FlyZoneCR, Owner at FlyZone Wakeboard School, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Hola Eric, thank you so much for your review and your kind words! Sorry to hear about your bad experiences at the other place, but glad that you found FlyZone! Some people are just out there to make a quick buck. FlyZone wants to make people happy in the first place and make a buck (or 2;) while doing that, and see our clients return (like you!). In the long run that's the only way, we strongly believe.
Anyway, thanks for your support and hope to see you again soon!
Oaxaca, Mexico
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“If you get a chance, ride with Sander. You won't regret it.”
Reviewed March 9, 2013

I met Sander during my 15 month motorcycle trip from Seattle to Bolivia. Sander is an excellent wakeboard teacher and has a great set-up. We rode 3 sessions and he and his wife put me up for the night as it started raining and the lights on my bike went out. He also gave me some great advice on what to see in Costa Rica. We've stayed in touch and he's one of the special people I met on my trip and plan to keep in touch with. I hope to take a trip to Costa Rica again to visit his him and ride at FlyZone again now that I no longer have a boat. ...and for you serious wakeboarders, Sander knows most of the pros and has lots of stories and connections worldwide. Worth a visit for sure. ...just sayin'

Visited November 2012
Hi Duncan, muchas gracias! It was a huge pleasure getting to know you and spending some time with you. Glad I could share some of the pura vida-lake arenal-wakeboarding with you, as one of many of your adventures. Already have the next motorcycle menu-trip in mind?
Thanks and hope to meet again! Sander