it is a great traditional building. I wish i had the chance to stay for more days to enjoy it. In the heart of the historical Patan, just 2 minutes from Patan Durbar square you can find a peaceful and relaxed place.
Worth for value....definitely!!!
I' ve been there for my last day in Nepal. If i knew how beautiful it is, i would surely had organized my trip in order to spend more days there, as the city of Patan is only 120 minutes by taxi from Kathmandu Durbar sq.
As i was travelling alone, i chose a single room (with sharing bathroom).
Althougth i didn't had the facility of private bathroom, it wasn't a problem. It was at the floor below and, i had the imression that i am in my place.
Very clean (both room and bathroom), with fresh fruites and mineral water on the table (free of charge).
On the patio of this great place, there is a wonderful garden with a kiosk in wich you can relax by reading a book.
The staff - members of the owner's familly, well educaded and polite, with great english speaking (not as mine :-) ) they are always there to serve you
If i ever visit Nepal again, this will be my base-living place for sure.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Newa Chen is a traditional Newari house about 350 years old, that has been restored and converted into tourist accommodation under a UNESCO project. It offers people a chance to experience traditional Newari lifestyle and values that are different from the modern materialistic world. A Newari house is characterized by the use of natural materials, the intricate wood carving and brickwork, low ceilings and welcoming atmosphere. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda so you can book your Newa Chen reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Newa Chen Hotel Patan (Lalitpur)
- Newa Chen Nepal/Kathmandu Valley - Patan (Lalitpur)